• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bit of help/advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
The future brother-in-law, Ms. T78's brother, is going on an OE, a large chunk of which is apparently going to be spent in Seeeeeedneeeeeee and environs. She lived there for two years, so she has a fair grasp of it, but any advice/help for him with regard to Botany Bay City would be greatly appreciated.

He's almost as maniacally one-eyed a Munster fan as I am, and a decent enough openside, if poaching is part of the deal. ;)

Cheers, feens! :thumb

S

Spook

Why don't you ask yourself being an expert on Oz? ;D :fishing

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'm sure Wikipedia has plenty :fishing

Like a lot of Euros he'll probably want to stick close to the inner suburbs, and so, having lived in Western Sydney for over 8 years now (after 3 years in various inner-Sydney suburbs), my expertise in this area is now of practically no use :)

But depending on the personal preference, there is very little wrong with living at Manly either. Depends really what the budget is like. Downside to that is if you want to get out of town for a weekend its a bloody long way just to clear the 'burbs.

F

formeropenside

Well, Sydney is a lovely place to visit and all, but I dont know that I'd want to live there for terribly long. Tell him to think about heading north to Queensland after a few weeks.

Seriously though, what kind of help or advice are you looking for? Places to see/stay, rugby clubs to play for, a job?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
formeropenside said:
Tell him to think about heading north to Queensland after a few weeks.

Coming from anywhere in Europe, he'd be better off heading to Wagga or Tamworth if he wants to try the country experience :) Seriously, Sydney isn't that much bigger than Brisbane and most of that is suburbs-based population just like Brisvegas. The real difference is the shops open longer and the weather is much better.

F

formeropenside

NTA said:
formeropenside said:

Coming from anywhere in Europe, he'd be better off heading to Wagga or Tamworth if he wants to try the country experience :) Seriously, Sydney isn't that much bigger than Brisbane and most of that is suburbs-based population just like Brisvegas. The real difference is the shops open longer and the weather is much better.

I'm not sure what you meant there. We get girls in little summer dresses 9 months of the year up here.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
formeropenside said:
NTA said:
formeropenside said:

I'm not sure what you meant there. We get girls in little summer dresses 9 months of the year up here.

Whereas, in certain areas of Sydney, they get blokes in little summer dresses 9 months of the year... ;)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
As with most things here, parochiality outweighs all with the comments / advice offered. ;D
And I'll ignore your little stereotypical jibe at Sydney, Thomo! ;)
Given he has nominated that he wants to visit Sydney, I'm happy to try to help if possible.
What does he want to do here? For how long is he coming?
What advice does he want - where to stay, places to go / eat / visit / play footy etc...?
I agree that a visit to Qld (amongst other places ) would be a good idea, but I have to agree with FOS in a way - wouldn't want to live there for long! ;)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Yellow Scarf Alcoholics Club would be delighted to welcome young Paddy to Sydney. Give us a date, Thomo, and I'll call a meeting. We'll put him right on where to drink, what club to join, etc. We'll give him a decent headache. :shaking :shaking :shaking

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
formeropenside said:

We get classy women in suits AND women in little summer dresses most months of the year here. And its not insufferably humid or too far from the beach :)

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
NTA said:
classy women in suits

Nick means like this ...

t-hooker.jpg

F

formeropenside

Thomond78 said:
Right, he's just arrived into Sydney with his mates. Next step is? :nta:

If he meets a girl in Kings Cross, check for an Adam's apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.