• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1: 29 July @ MCG

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
The problem I have with T Hooper is he's not showing the form he was in 2022 when he was more deserving of getting picked until he got injured. He was bigger back then and yes more impactful, now he's slimmer and has a higher workrate. It's not what we need from our 7.
and playing internationals not super rugby

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
now he's slimmer and has a higher workrate. It's not what we need from our 7.

giphy.gif

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Some of Hoopers defensive efforts last week.

Basically reiterates my thoughts. Big workload but little impact. Stats tackles they are.

But the kid is young and being promoted before he’s ready unfortunately. Hopefully people are patient with him but he shouldn’t be playing 7 for the wallabies.

France and SAF might have big 7s but they have good players who can play there. We don’t yet.

He was getting dominated at the point of contact a fair bit.

It's good to see he has a high workrate, however we have other opensides available that offer the same workrate and the added breakdown threat. I reckon Hooper will come good, but he really has been thrown to the wolves this year.