• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Bulls rd4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Never been as happy to be wrong.

Loved the way the two new props went. Hope they continue.

Only change I'd want to see is Chilibro to start and would like to see more of the young backs off the bench.

Looks like Matfield has implanted his brain into the Bulls lineout. Didn't miss a beat. Pack will be tested more this weekend. Saders will be up for it. They have been shitty.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
I hate to say I told you so, but.

I like what I have seen from the Bulls this season. They are playing good, orthodox rugby this season, very much like the Brumbies. Like the Brumbies I don't think they have the cattle to take the whole competition, but all things considered I think they'll do enough to make their supporters proud over the course of the season.

Haha I think you were somewhat lucky with your assessment in that the Bulls dramatically lifted their performance in this game whilst at the same time the Blues struggled for cohesion after some strange selections (since acknowledged by Kirwan). The Bulls were poor against the Force and not much better against the Stormers.

Nevertheless, I think we'll all be happy (as SA Rugby fans as well as rugby fans in general) if the Bulls continue to play the brand of rugby they played yesterday.

They face an even tougher challenge this weekend against the Crusaders who will be stinging after losing their first two games (both away from Christchurch). So the jury may still be out.....

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
Nah, no luck involved:)

I was, and am still not arguing the results will be great in every game. What I am saying is that I like what we are seeing from the bulls coaching team. They are improving the performance of many of their key players by fixing some endemic problems that have creeped into their play over the last couple of seasons (even when they were successful).

Performances like the one we saw yesterday should not come as surprise.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Agree with everything except that final sentence. After scraping a home win over the Force, I don't think many people were predicting that the Bulls would be that dominant over the Blues, in their first week on tour, at Eden Park, after the Blues had been very impressive in their first two outings. I reckon a lot of fans were 'surprised' by that result/performance.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Great win for the Brutes. Saw their Vodacom side beat Griquas at home which show that they have a young lot pushing for higher honours.

Status
Not open for further replies.