• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Much better quality than yesterdays Chiefs-Hurries game..

Whitelock and Romano a shoo-in for AB locks

Try Crotty, 10-zip.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I reckon if a player swats at it, they're always going to be on the wrong side of the ledger. Very sensible to not go for penalty try. I think the yellow is fair enough.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Tony Johnson: "Other penalty tries have already been awarded in more dubious circumstances than that this weekend."

TJ on the money as always.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
He didn't have a downward motion, it was either upwards or horizontal.
Are you suggesting he was going for the intercept? If he wasn't then intentionally throwing his hand in front of the ball is a penalizable offence. If that cynical play is possibly preventing a try then yellow card is definitely warranted IMO.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
First of all I don't think he touched the ball intentionally, his arm was swinging in like that for the tackle. If it was intentional it doesn't matter what he was trying to do, the motion was not downward, you can swat a ball upwards/horizontally.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Owen Franks over!

A couple of really good mauls in the lead up to that try.

On another note, nice seeing Ranger on the side of the blues scrum.

something

Jim Clark (26)
interestingly, the blues back three have been no where near as lethal in this game as they have in others.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Blues making a few silly errors. Just put a penalty kick for touch dead in goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.