• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Very good read from Guildford, great Sader defence all round. Blues need points within the next 5min to stand any chance of a come back.

Kieran Reid! BOOM!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Good farquin luck if anyone thinks they are going to go win a playoff game in Christchurch.

Chiefs aren't looking as convincing so this lot can still top the conference in which case I call it all over.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Blues just have not been allowed to get into any kind of groove tonight, the breakdowns in this game look a lot more fierce than in previous games.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
First of all I don't think he touched the ball intentionally, his arm was swinging in like that for the tackle. If it was intentional it doesn't matter what he was trying to do, the motion was not downward, you can swat a ball upwards/horizontally.
Well I disagree with you on his intention. IMO he was intentionally preventing the ball from going wide by placing his arm in front of it, resulting in the ball going forward. Secondly, an intentional knock-on is an intentional knock-on regardless of whether the motion is updwards, horizontal or downwards.

12.1 - The outcome of a knock-on or throw forward:
(e) Intentional knock or throw forward. A player must not intentionally knock the ball forward with hand or arm, nor throw forward.
http://www.irblaws.com/index.php?law=12

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Good farquin luck if anyone thinks they are going to go win a playoff game in Christchurch.

Chiefs aren't looking as convincing so this lot can still top the conference in which case I call it all over.

They look great with Carter and Read guiding them around.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just quietly ,the way Carter defended further out tonight I could live with him at 12 and Cruden at 10!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just quietly ,the way Carter defended further out tonight I could live with him at 12 and Cruden at 10!

No thanks. If Dan is fit we need his defence in that 10 channel. He was still attacking the opponents attack line throughout tonight from that 10 position.

Saders scrambled really well and Romano, Whitelock and Franks were really fired up in defence tonight. We needed to bring that physicality ala the Brumbies game and then use Carters kicking game to play at the right end.

Status
Not open for further replies.