• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bokke v Wallabies version III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Barnes and Vickerman out. MMM, Mumm and Tahu to get plenty of game time. Pietersen out for the Saffers, Matfield doubtful and CJvdL should be out for at least a month. Hard to see Elsom getting any time off, his actions deserved penalising, which he was. Saffer crowd venting their displeasure at the inept display of the Boks and their entertaining coach. Jo'burg's an intimidating place for visiting teams but if the Boks have ever been ripe for the picking Saturday's the day.

When are the teams going to be announced?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Interesting to see if Sharpe comes straight back into the 22 (or even the 15) or if Robbie goes with Mumm starting and MMM on the bench. I hope he sticks with Mumm who did the job finishing the game.

F

formeropenside

I wonder who the reserve 10 is in case anything were to "accidentally" happen to Giteau - like viciously attacking a South African forearm with his jaw.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Horwill also took a big hit in the last match, hope he's ok to start.

Possibility of Deans resting players for the dead rubber?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Lindommer said:
Barnes and Vickerman out. MMM, Mumm and Tahu to get plenty of game time. Pietersen out for the Saffers, Matfield doubtful and CJvdL should be out for at least a month. Hard to see Elsom getting any time off, his actions deserved penalising, which he was. Saffer crowd venting their displeasure at the inept display of the Boks and their entertaining coach. Jo'burg's an intimidating place for visiting teams but if the Boks have ever been ripe for the picking Saturday's the day.

Pretty right there. Habana & Bismarck also doubtful.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
PaarlBok said:
Lindommer said:

Pretty right there. Habana & Bismarck also doubtful.

good to see both you teams are catching up to us in the injury problems :)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
bloody Elsom gone for a week. I still can't get over how he was even cited.

CJ gone for 4 weeks.

So Mumm (4) and McMeniman (6) to start I would think. Tahu at 12 I hope.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Yeah MMM will surely start at 6. Actually wouldnt surprise me if Sharpe came straight into the starting side and Deans kept Mumm on the bench though.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
A few changes (forced or unforced) will be a good thing methinks. Giving guys like Mumm, 3M and Tahu a bit of game time can only help our prospects in Brisbane. And if I were Dingo I would take Morty off after 40-45 minutes- we need to keep him fresh for the ABs as without him we are pretty much fucked.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Rocky got 1 week, probably good as he can rest his foot for the decider.
No idea who the backup for Giteau is, but if he gets injured we're pretty stuffed. Thought SNK might have got a call up.

CJ got 4 weeks, will miss one game.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Utter joke - next time Matfield pulls someone down in the lineout, give the bearded bastard a year....

T

Turban

Moses said:
Rocky got 1 week, probably good as he can rest his foot for the decider.
No idea who the backup for Giteau is, but if he gets injured we're pretty stuffed. Thought SNK might have got a call up.

CJ got 4 weeks, will miss one game.

Elsom getting 1 week? The fact he got cited at all is a joke, Sharpe must have penalised once a game for that stuff, I've never heard of a citing. Not even at club level when I've been pinged, citing wasn't even mentioned.

SNK? No fucking way! We still want to win don't we?

The decider? If we don't win this weekend we'll have to work hard to win the 3N, although I'll take the Bledisloe over the 3N anyday it would be nice to win both!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
bloody Elsom gone for a week. I still can't get over how he was even cited.

CJ gone for 4 weeks.

Absolutely unbelievable. If there is to be any consistency in the judiciary process we will now see a player banned for this same thing almost every game. What a joke.

How does CJ's flying headbutt ban for one game possibly equate to this?

F

formeropenside

It should have been a red card when it happened and then more than 6 weeks on the sidelines: it looked worse to me than what Epi Taione was done for back in the S14.

The ban on Elsom is a joke. That it went beyond a penalty is utterly ridiculous.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Moses said:
SNK? No fucking way! We still want to win don't we?
who else is fit, not in Europe and can back up Giteau?
Moses said:
The decider? If we don't win this weekend we'll have to work hard to win the 3N, although I'll take the Bledisloe over the 3N anyday it would be nice to win both!
To win the 3N then we pretty much have to win in Brisbane. I suppose we could go for a bonus point win in Joberg and a bonus point loss in Brisbane, but to lose in Brisbane would be the end of contesting the Bledisloe this year so I don't want to consider that...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Moses said:
Isn't Lucas on the Reds tour?

What's Lealiifano up to?

Lucas is injured, and thus missed the Reds tour.

Lealiifano went straight into booked shoulder surgery as soon as the S14 season ended, and won't be back till preseason next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.