• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Bledisloe and GC 7s

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
I'm sure there are plenty of Gaggerererers heading up North (or around the corner if you already live in those parts) for the Bledisloe and 7s.

First question: Where is the best seating for the Bled? Last year I went up with the old man and we went Gold. It was near the player races. This year I'm heading up on my lonesome, and looking for somewhere with great atmosphere and decent value for money. If the ridiculously priced $189 tickets are that, great, if it's the $84 Bronze so be it but that's what I'm after. Any local/insider knowledge?

Second question: If I'm up there for the intervening week, am I actually going to be entertained or should I get the heck out of Dodge?

Third question: Who are people (particularly Sydneyites) flying with? Tiger is cheap as, but we all know have a patchy record. Jet Star ok if you're prepared to fly at arse-o'clock but otherwise nearly double the price. Virgin and Qantas just damned expensive. Thoughts?

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Ooh ooh! *sticks up hand*

Yeah I do understand. I just find myself struggling to justify the extra $$$. I guess I could always fly Jetstar at arse-o'clock... But that means Sat AM and Sun AM/Mon PM :(

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I find Jetstar to be reliable enough.

It is leagues ahead of Tiger in terms of reliability of flight times.

The only thing that made my Tiger flight better was the fact that some of the other Tiger flights were delayed by more hours than my flight.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Alternatively, CountryLink has a direct train. Sure, it's an overnighter and gets in at 5AM. Sure, it takes 14hrs 18min. Sure, it costs (one way) approximately the same as a return Tiger ticket. But it's an option...

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Go Jetstar I reckon. The cheap flights aren't at too inconvenient an hour. Worth the savings.

I wouldn't risk Tiger, have enver done it myself but have heard horror stories. With jetstar the worst you'll get is a delay of an hour or two.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
You really can't go wrong with tickets at Suncorp for a night game. Staying in the lower bowl is the best option, but even in the higher decks the views to the field are excellent. There are some issues with glare for day games on the eastern side, but obviously that won't be an issue.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Actually Mr Mouse, I doing opposite, going down to Sydney, with a few mates for Bledisloe, know any halfway not to expensive hotels in Sydney?? There a group of us usually go to NZ for a Bled, but thought this year we would make it Sydney, it usually involves a couple of nights of having a few beers so we need to be in city. We are split about 50/50 in AB/Wallaby supporters so no giving bad advice;)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If you've got much of a choice in the matter, I would be looking for something in Silver in Section 334 from say Rows 17-25 on the side near section 335.

Sort of in the corner but importantly the public bar that sells full strength beer sits behind sections 335-337 so you'll have quick access to that as opposed to having to deal with either mid-strength beer or long walks if sitting in other areas of the ground.

For the Wales match this will be part of the Aussie Supporter bays but doesn't look like the same is being done for the Bledisloe.

I think all Silver and Bronze on level 3 look a better option than the Gold seats anywhere in the Stadium and the High "Platinum's".

Attachments

• Bledilsloe Seating Map.gif
    Bledilsloe Seating Map.gif
    92.9 KB · Views: 243

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Cheers Sabanator and Tangawizi! Good advice, I'd have to say. I might give yours a crack Tangawizi.

Barbarian, my one Tiger experience to and from Adelaide was ok - 2hr delay on the return but otherwise fine - but there really are sooo many other bad ones out there. Also looking at flying direct to Gold Coast to simplify things, then back from Brissie.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Actually Mr Mouse, I doing opposite, going down to Sydney, with a few mates for Bledisloe, know any halfway not to expensive hotels in Sydney?? There a group of us usually go to NZ for a Bled, but thought this year we would make it Sydney, it usually involves a couple of nights of having a few beers so we need to be in city. We are split about 50/50 in AB/Wallaby supporters so no giving bad advice;)
What's your idea of not-too-expensive? Eg YHA at Central is ok and only $38pp 4 share. If you're going with mates it's a very cheap option. Plus you can get to/from bloody easily. If there's more room in the budget, you can get more attractive or further in to the city!

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Third question: Who are people (particularly Sydneyites) flying with? Tiger is cheap as, but we all know have a patchy record. Jet Star ok if you're prepared to fly at arse-o'clock but otherwise nearly double the price. Virgin and Qantas just damned expensive. Thoughts?

I'm going to stick up for Tiger, flown them plenty of times and never had an issue. Maybe I'm just lucky.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
I'm going to stick up for Tiger, flown them plenty of times and never had an issue. Maybe I'm just lucky.
It would depend...flying the day before, or flying home, I'd be ok with them but if I had a deadline? Hmm...

Are you flying up Stu? Or to any of the interstate tests?

T

TOCC

No thanks... Never flown them never will... I've heard enough stories... Qantas and Virgin are the only two domestic airlines il fly on

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Agree with TOCC on the airlines.

As for Suncorp stadium I don't think there is bad seat in the house, maybe I'm a bit biased.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
As for Suncorp stadium I don't think there is bad seat in the house, maybe I'm a bit biased.
Can't wait! Was there last year for the incredible victory, on my birthday. It'll be hard to top that but I look forward to seeing them try!

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Read somewhere couple weeks ago that Tiger since being allowed back into the skies after the safety scare, have better on-time arrival/departure record than the other 3 airlines...

Will post a link to that once I find it...

EDIT: there you go fellas... http://www.bitre.gov.au/statistics/aviation/otp_month.aspx

Disclaimer: Never flown with Tiger, have done so with the other 3 domestic airlines plus Rex numerous times. Nor am I an employee of Tiger btw... :D

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
What's your idea of not-too-expensive? Eg YHA at Central is ok and only $38pp 4 share. If you're going with mates it's a very cheap option. Plus you can get to/from bloody easily. If there's more room in the budget, you can get more attractive or further in to the city!
Don't mind $70-$90pp a night, just interested in getting in city handy to pubs etc, probably so we can walk to Darling Harbour etc

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
If you've got much of a choice in the matter, I would be looking for something in Silver in Section 334 from say Rows 17-25 on the side near section 335.

Sort of in the corner but importantly the public bar that sells full strength beer sits behind sections 335-337 so you'll have quick access to that as opposed to having to deal with either mid-strength beer or long walks if sitting in other areas of the ground.

Man don't tell everybody!!!! The best thing about that bar (other than the decent beer) is it's nearly always empty during the game & you miss minimum game time...... well was the best thing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.