• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

British & Irish Lions tour of New Zealand (2017)

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions take this.

They built upon the first test very nicely last week and if they can continue that rate of improvement they'll be able to stick it to a 15 man ABs for the 80.

Even in the first week, had they been more clinical and taken their chances I think the game would've been a lot closer.

I also think Williams / Watson / Davies could cause real problems to Laumape / J.Barrett / Savea if they can isolate them. Not renowned defenders by any means.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
All Blacks to do this one easily. Eden Park is a fortress that opposing teams just do not win at.
Wish I shared your confidence squire. That backline's defensive ability has me paranoid as hell. Laumape? Really? Solution: no kicking, zero possession for Lions, fuck the backs, keep it in the forwrads

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Lions Tour Diary Day 28

Mummy. Tarquin here. Mummy, the strangest thing has happened. Teddy and I went to bed as usual in our wee doghouse on our billet hosts Hemi & Rangi’s veranda and, by crikey Mummy, we woke up on the dashed Pitcairn Islands.

Teddy smells all salty.

He’s still black though.

Turns out Hemi “shouted” both Teddy and I a one-way ticket here. Oh well. The island seems nice. Although my neighbours are a little bit strange. I am currently sky-high drunk on "Breadfruit wine." The active ingredient, according to my new billet host, a "Mr Dismal", is “the fermented dung of Byron”. Whatever that means.

Mr Dismal is currently out on the big open field holding an “SOS” sign written in blood on a handkerchief. He says he is waiting for a “Dan54” to fly by in his chopper to take him to New Zealand for the rugby test. Mr Dismal says he told someone called “Byron” to wait for the chopper on another part of the island. Mr Dismal seemed to find this slight subterfuge highly amusing. Mummy, just quietly, I think Mr Dismal might be mentally handicapped.

More later.

-Tarqs.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions take this.

They built upon the first test very nicely last week and if they can continue that rate of improvement they'll be able to stick it to a 15 man ABs for the 80.

Even in the first week, had they been more clinical and taken their chances I think the game would've been a lot closer.

I also think Williams / Watson / Davies could cause real problems to Laumape / J.Barrett / Savea if they can isolate them. Not renowned defenders by any means.
Lions at 4-1 with Sportsbet certainly look worth a wee flutter.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
What a tour.

Lions deserving winners of test 2 and have got better and better.

Game 3 decider. Read's 100th. Eden Park record on the line. Bring it on.

Sun has been shining at Eden Park this afternoon. Go ABs!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Half expecting a reprise of the 2011 final choke job with a try apiece and a 12-9 type scoreline going either way. No champagne backline rugby just torrid pick and go’s for the last 65 mins once we get our noses in front. Of course, hoping I’m wrong and it’s a 2015 final reprise. Fucken ref. Fucken offside line. Fucken shouty lineouts. Fucken newbie backs. Anyway, I should be there soon, currently scouring the skies for Dan54’s chopper to swing by and pick me up.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
IMG_0757.JPG

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Latest rain radar:

IMG_0758.JPG

May get a shower late in the game but conditions should be OK. Temp ~13C so dew shouldn't be too much of a factor either. Fully over the talking heads killing time til KO, just Bring It On ffs.