• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
What happens to UK Rugby, Sevens & The Heineken Cup?

So UK rugby is still with Fox, Sevens will be until a new deal is done. Heineken Cup is not on any Australian channels at the moment, or Pro12/14. You need to access them from abroad to watch.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Who was worried about marketing?
Most rugby advertising I’ve seen around the place in years
6C55017F-EB0A-46E0-8D05-63B8814AE14F.jpeg

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Haven’t seen anything in Melbourne, nothing on TV, no bill boards and I don’t buy the paper so don’t know about that

Experiences may vary.
For what it’s worth I’ve heard it’s plastered on every sign at southern cross station and getting good air time on the radio across Victoria. Although it wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve targeted the marketing towards QLD and NSW.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
Marketing has been great, i just had a problem with the timing of it

also still yet to get an email from Stan about upgrading my account to include the sport package which i think is a bit weird

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Experiences may vary.
For what it’s worth I’ve heard it’s plastered on every sign at southern cross station and getting good air time on the radio across Victoria. Although it wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve targeted the marketing towards QLD and NSW.
I drive and don’t take public transport probably why I haven’t seen them

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Marketing has been great, i just had a problem with the timing of it

also still yet to get an email from Stan about upgrading my account to include the sport package which i think is a bit weird
I didn't get an email but when I logged in after seeing the social media stuff, there was an option right there when I logged in

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Signed up to Stan and Stan Sport tonight....we are watching a movie on Stan...decided to keep netflix...gave me option to sign up to stan sport which of course took....

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
waiting to see if super rugby actually happens this year,before switching to Stan(i think my glass maybe empty,lol)

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
waiting to see if super rugby actually happens this year,before switching to Stan(i think my glass maybe empty,lol)
You get a month's free trial, brokendown. So if you're linked into Stan in time for the scheduled 1st round, and it is canned, it's free to cancel within the free month.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
I didn't get an email but when I logged in after seeing the social media stuff, there was an option right there when I logged in

Lol can’t say I’ve ever used the web version, only ever used the app. But good to know

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Haven’t seen anything in Melbourne, nothing on TV, no bill boards and I don’t buy the paper so don’t know about that
It’s on every billboard in southern cross station and a fair few tram stops. Dave Wessels wife posted a photo saying she’s also seeing it in lots of places

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I did hope they would run a few more TV adds. But I am very excited about the future with Stan

I am a bit worried about the future without Foxtel, as much as I was not at all happy with the product they offered. No doubt the STAN coverage will pick up some new viewers, but the older (probably pretty affluent) segment of the rugby audience might find it all a bit too difficult. From what I can see on the FTA guides, the one game every week will be on NineNOW, which also takes a bit of fiddling around to access.

Hopefully there are net pluses at the end of the day. We have had to buy a new smart TV because our current Samsung does not support STAN.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I am a bit worried about the future without Foxtel, as much as I was not at all happy with the product they offered. No doubt the STAN coverage will pick up some new viewers, but the older (probably pretty affluent) segment of the rugby audience might find it all a bit too difficult. From what I can see on the FTA guides, the one game every week will be on NineNOW, which also takes a bit of fiddling around to access.

Hopefully there are net pluses at the end of the day. We have had to buy a new smart TV because our current Samsung does not support STAN.

How does it take a bit of fiddling around to access NineNOW? (Just asking as I haven't really watched much actual free-to-air TV for a while - isn't just another channel on the TV?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep........ channel 95 in HD, or just simply scroll up or down on your remote as you would to locate any other FTA channel.