• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Jezus Derp. You've been scratching around issues here. I get your pain, but you normally bring some honesty to the discussion. Tahs were routed. Because they were poor compared to the opposition.

The reason that the Tahs were poor has little to do with adjudication and heaps with the Tahs themselves.

I get your frustration, but it could be better targeted. You guys were shit. The opposition was very good. The end.

thumb_i-gvess-samantha-hanaway-on-twitter-mind-wanna-think-about-50591567.png

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)

Waratahs captain Jake Gordon out for 6-8 weeks with ankle.

Centre Joey Walton expected to be out longer.

Seriously short on leadership.

Alex Newsome likely to skipper, shift to 13 + partner Moeroa.

Hooker recruit Dave Porecki has leadership experience from London Irish too.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Just watched the first episode of Rugby Heaven on Stan and was very impressed. Great to have a dedicated rugby show back. They went to a lot of effort for their first crack , found the interview with Angus Gardner about new law interpretations particularly good .

Makes you realise how little Foxtel were putting in over the last few years .

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Not rugby related but just of interest to those with Kayo and broadcast streaming.

Disney + released their new ‘Stars’ catalogue today for the service, I think it’s free for the first month or so and then they are upping the price of their whole service by $2 a month, it isn’t an optional add on.. Essentially they have added an adult focussed movie and tv catalogue to broaden their audience. Included in that catalogue are all the ESPN 30 for 30 docos. These were previously only available in Australia via Kayo.

Looks like Disney are starting to build a more robust platform, I wonder if a live sport ESPN add on is coming around the corner. That will hurt Foxtel/Kayo big time as they would lose NBA, NFL and some other sports.

For what it’s worth ive had a look through his new Stars stuff and it looks pretty good! Lots of movies that will be familiar to the 70s/80s/90s generation - I’ll be starting with Con Air tonight.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Just watched the first episode of Rugby Heaven on Stan and was very impressed. Great to have a dedicated rugby show back. They went to a lot of effort for their first crack , found the interview with Angus Gardner about new law interpretations particularly good .

Makes you realise how little Foxtel were putting in over the last few years .

Yep I thought they did a great job. Loved the strong analysis and interviews. My only criticism was I found Campo to be pretty clunky. A really good, promising start.

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
Going to re-watch Rugby Heaven some time. The matches over the weekend were absolutely perfect for me on my AppleTV, but Rugby Heaven paused video twice (with audio still going) during the show.

Then when the Dan Carter segment started I got 30 seconds max before a new glitch. Either the video pausing while audio continuing, both pausing, the entire app crashing. During it I restarted the feed (went out of the show & back in) numerous times. Quit out of the app, completely closed it then re-opened twice (on top of the two times the app itself crashed). Rebooted the AppleTV.

Then as soon as the Dan Carter interview was over, the stream was perfect for the rest of the show.

Weird, but I want to watch that segment un-interrupted so I'll see if the replay holds up better than the live airing did.

I just consider this to be part of the growing pains of a new service (Stan is experienced in on-demand but not live airings). They'll have bugs & tuning to work out for a few weeks. Plus the two Super Rugby matches Friday, as well as the two Top League matches Saturday & Sunday were all absolutely flawless for me.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Yep I thought they did a great job. Loved the strong analysis and interviews. My only criticism was I found Campo to be pretty clunky. A really good, promising start.
Yeah , agree about Campo , doesn’t exactly shine .

The rest were good though .

Tiranui and Harrison’s breakdown of the attacking phase play in the Reds v Tahs game was great . Showed the difference between the two team’s attacking shapes and structures. Also highlighted how the Reds dominated the breakdown, Tahs sending in too many to secure their own ball . Can see why so many Tahs’ fans are down on Whitaker , the attacking shapes and options were U15 level , rarely created numbers or challenge the Reds’ defence.

The show is there straight away , you just have to scroll down a bit , I started watching it 20 late , but like all streaming you had the option of watching it live or from the start.

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
Campo is yet to add anything to any of the shows. If anything it's just people picking on his egotistical attitude he's always carried, which doesn't endear us to anyone. Cheika was OK on the weekend, the rest have shown their worth. Hopefully either he starts contributing or they reduce his screentime from here on.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I had issues right through the show (on replay) with out of whack lip-sync. I enjoyed it otherwise, thought it was a good first effort.

I can't agree with you blokes re Campo. I thought he provided the highlight of the night..... the look on Gus Gardner's face when he suggested "bring back rucking"..... gold! o_O

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I had issues right through the show (on replay) with out of whack lip-sync. I enjoyed it otherwise, thought it was a good first effort.

I can't agree with you blokes re Campo. I thought he provided the highlight of the night... the look on Gus Gardner's face when he suggested "bring back rucking"... gold! o_O

I could not watch it on delay last night, I tried two TV's, a Desktop computer, my phone and a PS5 and none of these would work.

This morning I could finally access it and the footage did not match the sound.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I could not watch it on delay last night, I tried two TV's, a Desktop computer, my phone and a PS5 and none of these would work.

This morning I could finally access it and the footage did not match the sound.

I tried to watch around 9:30 last night but kept getting an error message. I tried again a couple of hours later and it worked.

The lip-sync issue was really distracting though. Like watching a badly dubbed spaghetti western :D

Monty

Frank Nicholson (4)
I tried to watch around 9:30 last night but kept getting an error message. I tried again a couple of hours later and it worked.

The lip-sync issue was really distracting though. Like watching a badly dubbed spaghetti western :D

I was also getting an error message on my laptop last night and it wouldn't load in the iPhone app. I sent StanSportAU a DM on twitter and they fixed the issue. They were quick to respond to my message (even at 10.30 last night) and quick to get the Tech Team working on the issue - I was pleasantly surprised by the level of customer support.

The lip-sync issue is annoying, I find refreshing the video clears it up most of the time.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I have had a few audio sync issues with Stan, 9Now and Stan Sport. All the other steaming services work fine. I'm thinking of putting a wifi booster in my room to see if it's a signal strength issue, but it seem to be an issue with their platforms.

The live viewing was fine on the weekend though.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I have had a few audio sync issues with Stan, 9Now and Stan Sport. All the other steaming services work fine. I'm thinking of putting a wifi booster in my room to see if it's a signal strength issue, but it seem to be an issue with their platforms.

The live viewing was fine on the weekend though.

It's an issue that I've never experienced before, but has been randomly occurring since I relaunched the app during my Twin Peaks re-binging..............

I find that returning to the menu and then resume playing fixes it......... but yeah, they need to do something about it.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I thought Campo actually looked nervous or maybe underprepared, it seemed his nerves prevented him from actually providing any analysis and he just waffled on. I hope he gets more confident on camera or does more prep work.

Also Justin Harrison had vibes of a chortling Stephen Fry. Sorta expected him to hit us with an obscure fact about how many quokkas can fit in a submarine.