• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Good to hear. Involving a guy like the Professor can have a huge benefit in reaching new audiences. Can have a bigger influence in circles outside of the Rugby fans.

I think one of the best things they can do is try and keep it Rugby based but have the ability to go anywhere in an episode. Use it as an entertainment product over Rugby commentary.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I think one of the best things they can do is try and keep it Rugby based but have the ability to go anywhere in an episode. Use it as an entertainment product over Rugby commentary.
Yeah that absolutely seems to be the approach they're taking, which is great. Did get a bit more analytical this week around the Wobs' performance, but it was short and sweet

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Biggest Sports Podcast in the world for almost a decade is Pardon My Take and they take that route.

Will have strong opinions on games/players and what not but then preface everything with "we're idiots"

As long as they give it a good chance. Don't be like the 1000s of others who have done 6 episodes on a routine then 1 sporadically and it eventually dies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Little tip: if you are overseas and want to watch Stan without a VPN - try connecting to someone else's hotspot first. Worked for me for a whole bunch of apps in Asia and Europe.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Can we please get this team in the Rugby Championship!!!
IMG_1039.jpeg

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Third week into the GBRAu podcast and I'm really liking it personally - easy listening, good stories, and a bit of a laugh. They're nailing the guests too, with Eddie, Habana, Hooper, and Cheika next week. I'm in the for the long haul.

Would recommend watching it on YouTube as opposed to the pure podcast stream if you aren't already, the video adds a lot.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Third week into the GBRAu podcast and I'm really liking it personally - easy listening, good stories, and a bit of a laugh. They're nailing the guests too, with Eddie, Habana, Hooper, and Cheika next week. I'm in the for the long haul.

Would recommend watching it on YouTube as opposed to the pure podcast stream if you aren't already, the video adds a lot.
Yeah I’m a fan, Giteau is a class example of rugby genius and not so bright off the field.

don’t think I’ve ever seen Hooper act so socially and relaxed before, was nice.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Little tip: if you are overseas and want to watch Stan without a VPN - try connecting to someone else's hotspot first. Worked for me for a whole bunch of apps in Asia and Europe.
So little known fact that I've picked up abroad, if you use roaming (from an Australian SIM) your IP address actually ends up being from Aus even though you could be anywhere in the world. Very handy for watching Stan content (or Foxtel, or for those that like a punt too...).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So little known fact that I've picked up abroad, if you use roaming (from an Australian SIM) your IP address actually ends up being from Aus even though you could be anywhere in the world. Very handy for watching Stan content (or Foxtel, or for those that like a punt too...).
I tried that but it didn't seem to work. Must have had a setting wrong or something.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Well, colour me shocked, but Mat Rogers on Stan's Rugby Heaven show was surprisingly interesting to listen to.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well, colour me shocked, but Mat Rogers on Stan's Rugby Heaven show was surprisingly interesting to listen to.
Have to say I agree Rob, I really enjoyed it, and he had some incredibly interesting and great ideas etc!

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Mat Rogers always been a great interview. Some of his real life stories documented are extremely good viewing. He’s been through more in his 40 odd years than some people do in a lifetime.

His interview on One Plus One (on ABC) is worth it for those wanting to watch something on him.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Mat Rogers always been a great interview. Some of his real life stories documented are extremely good viewing. He’s been through more in his 40 odd years than some people do in a lifetime.

His interview on One Plus One (on ABC) is worth it for those wanting to watch something on him.
I had a really good chat to him at a bar in the city straight after he had played a Beldisloe back around 2002 - helluva nice bloke too.