• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
3 part documentary-series on Stan covering the Wallabies through the 2023 RWC starts on 22nd Feb, going to be some interesting viewing there

Interesting. I figured the content would be used somehow, but my money was on it being included as part of the 2028 documentary about us winning the RWC and Schmidt’s rise to power.

Reds Rick

Frank Nicholson (4)
3 part documentary-series on Stan covering the Wallabies through the 2023 RWC starts on 22nd Feb, going to be some interesting viewing there
Will make for interesting viewing. How much control do you think RA have over the say “editorial direction?” Reckon it’s in their interest to tee off on Eddie given the new regime in charge at RA?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Looks like Eddie/players were mic’d up at some trainings.

If the preview of Eddie chatting Carter Gordon is anything to go by, it’s going to have some weird/bizarre Eddie comments in there.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Wow I was sure this wouldn't come to light - looking forward to it. Will be interesting to see how they cut it.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Stan promoting it hard through Sevens today
It's going to have to be incredible for me to watch it. Don't wanna relive that shit.
I'm thinking there is something in this. A behind the scenes look at a dull preparation leading to a pool stages exit isn't going to attract much viewing. The angle will probably either be Eddie crazies or the challenges the squad had to endure. Or both.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I doubt it’s going to be the horror show and shitting on Eddie festival that many fans probably want to see.

At the end of the day even though Hammer and Eddie are gone, the whole period reflects poorly on RA so I doubt they’d want it framed to highlight their incompetence.

In saying that, the whole RWC23 situation and flow on seems to have been the catalyst for significant change which really should have come 10 years ago. I wonder how they’re going to navigate through the whole ‘our professional players simply aren’t good enough to win world cups’ kinda thing.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm thinking there is something in this. A behind the scenes look at a dull preparation leading to a pool stages exit isn't going to attract much viewing. The angle will probably either be Eddie crazies or the challenges the squad had to endure. Or both.

If it’s just three episodes of Eddie crazies, it’ll leave more people saying ‘why the fuck do I want to support this code, they put this guy in charge’.

I’m genuinely curious to see how it’ll go and what the angle is, because as of right now there isn’t some feel good story on the other side.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Doesn’t need to be a feel good story for people to watch it, people have a natural morbid curiosity, there’s hundreds of serial killer tv shows and dark humour esque tv shows that play to this.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
If it’s just three episodes of Eddie crazies, it’ll leave more people saying ‘why the fuck do I want to support this code, they put this guy in charge’.

I’m genuinely curious to see how it’ll go and what the angle is, because as of right now there isn’t some feel good story on the other side.
I'm hoping the focus is more on the players and how they handled the turmoil, ideally setting it up to follow them for a few more seasons with a hopefully more positive result. It doesn't have to shy away from the Eddie drama or ignore what went on there, but he also doesn't need to be the center of the universe, we've had more than enough of that already.