• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Jarrad Butler.

Jarrad's a very good player but hardly a ball winning No 7. I suppose, though, that if the breakdown laws are to be changed (?) his style may be more suited to a new game style favouring push-over ball at the ruck rather than pilfering.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
The CT's observation that it would be better to allow Poey a year off rather than lose him altogether is spot on. If they can stitch up such a deal, then I'll be more than satisfied.

As far as 2017 is concerned, does anyone know what Colby Fainga'a's contract situation is? If the Rebels move McMahon to 7, then Colby might return home? Otherwise, go after Rowan Perry asap. Shouldn't have let him go this year.

Colby is off contract end of 2016

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Butler was only the Brett Robinson medal winner two years ago, and probably third in line for the Wob spot behind Hooper and McMahon if Pocock goes next year...........

I doubt Fainga'a, who is not really a fetcher either, would come back to the Brumbies to sit on the bench.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
yeah nah, a solid super rugby unit at best

Compared to the other options........... Fainga'a? Reid? Alcock? Maybe Hodgson?

With Poey and Gill gone he'd definitely be third in line for 7 behind Hooper and McMahon, particularly after Cheiks showed interest in him last year and invited him to one of the camps.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Compared to the other options..... Fainga'a? Reid? Alcock? Maybe Hodgson?

With Poey and Gill gone he'd definitely be third in line for 7 behind Hooper and McMahon, particularly after Cheiks showed interest in him last year and invited him to one of the camps.

Yeah he's literally behind all of them... Reid, Fainga'a and Hodgson are all incredible 7's. Butler cuts the mustard at Super Rugby and is very versatile but he's a long way off international rep.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah he's literally behind all of them. Reid, Fainga'a and Hodgson are all incredible 7's. Butler cuts the mustard at Super Rugby and is very versatile but he's a long way off international rep.

Literally?

With the exception of Hodgson, who I think might be getting past it, referring to Reid and Fainga'a as incredible 7's while dismissing Butler is the silliest thing I've read all day............

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Compared to the other options..... Fainga'a? Reid? Alcock? Maybe Hodgson?

He ain't a seven

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
1. Pocock
2. Hooper
3. Gill (Solo 7)/ McMahon (Double 7)
4. Gill (Double 7)/McMahon (Solo 7)
5. Hodgeson

6. G. Smith

7. Fainga'a
8. Butler
9. Reid
10. Alcock
11-?.The rest

I'd expect if for say, the June internationals or Rugby championship, if all 5 of the 'Best' opensides from each Super Sides were to be injured or otherwise unavailable, the great George Smith would get the phone call.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The one thing I like from this is that the ARU took it seriously and puuled out the cheque book. After Folau and Pocock there are few true top 15 internations in Australia.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. Pocock
2. Hooper
3. Gill (Solo 7)/ McMahon (Double 7)
4. Gill (Double 7)/McMahon (Solo 7)
5. Hodgeson

6. G. Smith

7. Fainga'a
8. Butler
9. Reid
10. Alcock
11-?.The rest

Swap around Fainga'a and Butler and that's fairly accurate.........

Fainga'a has yet to make an impact at Super Rugby level, and is marginally ahead of the last two names there............

I think Hodgson needs a big improvement this year to be considered 'top five.'

Status
Not open for further replies.