• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

lex

Allen Oxlade (6)
^ this guy sounds like a Waratahs fan.

Absolutely not. One thing we always loved at Brumbies games is the engagement of the fans - we always left games hoarse from shouting. Now everyone just sits like a stunned mullet.

I like rugby games, I don’t like rock concerts. Why can’t we have one without the other?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It was a joke somewhat at my own expense. Waratahs fans seem to get unhappy when any noise interrupts them, including the rugby.

lex

Allen Oxlade (6)
It was a joke somewhat at my own expense. Waratahs fans seem to get unhappy when any noise interrupts them, including the rugby.
spot on. Although we are Sydney-based that silence was what put us off Waratah games. The Canberra fans were always very vocal which is fun. But now given the choice between a rock concert in Canberra or a theatre performance in Sydney, I think I’d take the theatre every time!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
This is nothing to do with the rugby, but I have just emailed the Brumbies to tell them that we will not be renewing our memberships next year if they continue to play very loud music during the breaks in play (and sometimes during play). It makes conversation impossible and it is noticeable that the usually vocal Brumbies fans have become disengaged and silent. We go to watch a rugby game, not a bloody disco.
old.jpg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I feel like the real issue here is more to do with the music playlist selection, rather than the volume itself..........

If they were to throw in any cut from Slayer’s “Reign In Blood” you’ll be out of your seat, fist pumped!

Reactions: mst

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
As a local, over 50 female Brumbies fan, I love the music, dare I say sometimes even sing along with it. I’m doubting we sit in the same area though

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Do it. DO IIIITTT
I read the whole Quade saga as while all the fans of Quade want him all the super rugby franchises feel he is too hard work given his talent vs limitations vs over quade being pain in arse to manage and impact (negative) on Team culture....now over to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Any word on how soon Valetini is due back? It must be close, they were saying 6-8 weeks after the injury and it's been 7.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Any news at all about the upcoming game v the Jaguares? Has the club shut down perhaps?

I take it that the absence of any information is a sign that they are anxious about Naisarani's fitness. But surely, thay should know by now if he can take the field on Sunday or not.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
He is named at 8 for the Jaguars game. Lealiifano is being rested as "taking a planned break from Super Rugby to undertake a period of regeneration following a heavy workload." Kyle Godwin back at 12.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
I think it is time for the Brumbies to make some changes and stop persisting with underperforming players. Godwin has been given more than enough chances and yet Jackson-Hope looked more threatening as soon as he came- I think it's time to take a risk with him. If you blood JJH you probably have to persist with Kuridrani though to sure up the defence but he also needs a rocket.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If the centres are to be changed, it ought to be for Dargaville at 12 and Andrew Smith at 13. James has really put in each game he's played and Andrew is the next best No 13 in the squad and is in better form than TK.

Way out there options I think could be considered include Banks or Verity-Am at 13. Both would inject a lot of pace into the backline.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think if Leo out JJH in at 12, Dargville didn't cover himself with glory against the Highlanders. 10 Hewera 12 JJH 13 TK

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Without Kuridrani, we'd concede a ton. JJH brought a heap of energy when he came off the bench, but I think the Hawera-Godwin-Kuridrani spine of that backline is a good one and should be maintained.
I hate to criticise Speight after he just put up his 100th for us, but how many times are we going to see him rush out of the line, miss his hit, and give the opposition 20m of width to play in? Speight has shown over the last seven years that he knows how to shut down an overlap and how to shepherd a player to the touchline, and I doubt he has just forgotten. Whatever this defensive system is, it's either instructing Speight to make terrible decisions, or forcing him to.

But selections are just a symptom at the moment. The issue is that we have no direction, and it's quite clear from the players I've talked to that they have little-to-no faith in the coaches and the systems in use. Apparently, the resurgence against the Reds came after we went down 15-0. No individual leader stepped up, but the team as a whole expressed the need to do something, and varied from the system. The coaches either need to step up their game, or we need to consider replacing them at the end of this season.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
RC I think you are spot on about Henry. He is coming off his wing a lot to try to shut down an inside runner (see the second try by the Jaguares on the weekend), and then has to make a U-turn to try to cover his winger as well. After years of being one of the better defending wingers in the country, he wouldn't suddenly forget how to defend. It is more likely something to do with the game plan and the defensive structure being put in place.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Without Kuridrani, we'd concede a ton. JJH brought a heap of energy when he came off the bench, but I think the Hawera-Godwin-Kuridrani spine of that backline is a good one and should be maintained.

I don't mind JJH at 12 but the selection at 13 is critical for defence. I would concede a little to gain a lot on attack and there are plenty of options for 13 its just picking the right one. IMHO on current form Godwin would be a better option at 13.

Kuridrani I still think is a weak link. His tackle effectiveness is at 70%. Hawera and Lilo 67%. The 3 top team missed tackles in order are Hawera. Lilo and Kuridrani. On attack his run metres are just ok, but with only one line break for the season and pretty poor tackle-bust numbers he really isn't providing much all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.