• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2024

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
Harrison Goddard has signed on, great move by him

Yes probably a very smart move by Goddard. I suspect Lonergan will start next year but I think if anyone can bring the best out of Goddard it will probably be the Brums who are a bit like the Melb Storm and make a habit of making 50/50 players into very solid players.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I still think there is a genuine top line Halfback there. Big, quick and a very good kicking game.

Hope its not a Josh Holmes 2.0 situation that we just never see the click over from youth/club to the professional game.

Good signing by the Brumbies though to protect themselves from being reliant on purely a kid as your backup. Goddard would have seen the wraps on Wilson at the Tahs and Whites move to the Force and knows he can get week in week out Super Rugby in the best team in the country.

Last edited:

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Yes probably a very smart move by Goddard. I suspect Lonergan will start next year but I think if anyone can bring the best out of Goddard it will probably be the Brums who are a bit like the Melb Storm and make a habit of making 50/50 players into very solid players.

Brums is where rebels broken junior stars go to save their career

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I would not be disappointed nor surprised if the pecking order changed.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Predicted XV for 2024:

1 - Slipper
2 - Lonergan
3 - AAA
4 - Frost
5 - Neville
6 - Hooper
7 - Scott
8 - Valentini
9 - Lonergan
10 - Lolesio
11 - Toole
12 - Sapsford
13 - Ikitau
14 - Muirhead
15 - Wright

Bench - Mcinnerney, Schoupp, Van Nek, Swain, Reimier, Goddard, Tua, Debrecini

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
He looked every bit ready to get a chance when the times right. Unlike other U20s forwards who show the ability but not yet the physical development he has both I reckon.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not sure if he was a full squad member this year, but Jack Wright has signed with Shizuoka:
1000010794.png

Wallaby Way

Herbert Moran (7)
Good for him. We still need to find two squad/wider squad locks, especially if Tom Hooper is going to move to the backrow given Samu's exit.

There isn't much around though, although ex-ACT lads Zane Marlot and Will Stankey have been released recently by Tahs/Force.

Toby McPherson from U20 is another option but doesn't seem physically ready.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Good for him. We still need to find two squad/wider squad locks, especially if Tom Hooper is going to move to the backrow given Samu's exit.

There isn't much around though, although ex-ACT lads Zane Marlot and Will Stankey have been released recently by Tahs/Force.

Toby McPherson from U20 is another option but doesn't seem physically ready.
Don't sweat the small things we have 3 Wallaby locks before we need Tom Hooper and we gave a debut to Sam Thomson from Warringah maybe Josh Townsend from Queanbeyan. Also Lachie Hooper. Whilst the Backrow has Kennedy, Brown, Reimer, Scott, Cale and Valetini.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Are you guys in trouble now with Ala'alatoa gone? Who will be your top 2 tight heads?

Van Nek and Kautai, who both had plenty of game time this year with AAA's injuries...

I see Van Nek has yet to re-sign, but I would assume he's in line for a big year with AAA out and being called up to one of Eddie's training squads.