• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v. Asia Pacific Dragons - Singapore, Thurs 22 June 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies are over in Singapore for a junket match against the Asia Pacific Dragons tonight.

The game will be streamed via the Brumbies website and their Facebook page.

Here is their starting side.
  1. Nic MAYHEW
  2. Robbie ABEL
  3. Leslie LEULUA’IALI’I-MAKIN
  4. Jordan SMILER
  5. Tom STANIFORTH
  6. Ben HYNE
  7. Tom CUSACK
  8. Lolo FAKAOSILEA
  9. Ryan LONERGAN
  10. Wharenui HAWERA
  11. Andrew MUIRHEAD
  12. Jordan JACKSON-HOPE
  13. Nigel AH WONG
  14. Andrew ROBINSON
  15. Tom BANKS

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Final score of 61-14 to the Brumbies.

Dragons played ok for the first half before the Brumbies blew the score out in the second half.

The big story out of this was the return to the field by Lealiifano (and Cubelli) and played about 30 minutes and kicked 5 conversions and almost scored a try with his first touch.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I know the opposition wasn't so strong, but Christian doesn't look to have lost any of his skills during his illness. Had a hand in nearly all the second half tries and kicked I think 6 from 7 conversions (all in front of the sticks it needs to be said). But just tremendous to see him running around and controlling the game again, and also good to see Tomas Cubelli get out there too.

Final score about 61 - 14 after 14 all at half time.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Final score of 61-14 to the Brumbies.

Dragons played ok for the first half before the Brumbies blew the score out in the second half.

The big story out of this was the return to the field by Lealiifano (and Cubelli) and played about 30 minutes and kicked 5 conversions and almost scored a try with his first touch.
The LILO story is big and good - great to see him back.
And
Cubelli ruptured his patella tendon: that is an incredibly quick recovery. Might need cyclopath to explain.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It seemed like Cubelli, Lilo and Banks all had a hand in those flurry of tries in the second half...........

Lonegan looked really good too.......... should be heavily involved in the U20's next year, but will hopefully start seeing him introduced into Super Rugby.

Reactions: mst

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It seemed like Cubelli, Lilo and Banks all had a hand in those flurry of tries in the second half.....

Lonegan looked really good too.... should be heavily involved in the U20's next year, but will hopefully start seeing him introduced into Super Rugby.

Christian, Cubelli and Banks were very heavily involved in the second half try splurge, but so were JJH (much to my surprise) and Andrew Muirhead. Good effort all round by the backline in the second half - there were some scintillating tries scored from deep inside their own half, with accurate passing and off-loading at pace being featured.

The pack was dominant at set piece which allowed the backs to play with more freedom. A very good captains knock by Jordan Smiler as well.

Got a real kick out of that second half performance, especially both Christian's and Tomas's involvements.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
but so were JJH (much to my surprise)

So you thinking about getting on the bandwagon BR? ;) He is playing well and his support play is excellent. I was hoping we would get more then a cameo @10 from him just to see how he looks there just in case.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
mst, I still have doubts about him at Super Rugby level because of his size (or lack thereof). When I really started to doubt him last year, he was pretty terrible with one-on-one tackles and the larger players seemed to just run over or through him. I would like to think his defense is tightening up, but need a bit more evidence before I'll be fully convinced. His attack however is looking good, especially when he was running off Christian last night.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I can't disagree with you about his past defence issues. At best in time maybe what he can bring in attack will offset the defensive deficiencies he has due to his size. But he does appear to on the right trajectory developmentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.