• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v. Blues Rd 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Let's see if Siliva Siliva lives up to the hype.

My tip is that Siliva will be a Wallaby post RWC. I expect Moore, TPN, Saiaa, Hanson and possibly Charles to either retire or move overseas pre-retirement. The hooker position would then be a contest between Siliva, Leafa and the new Tah's reserve. While he is not yet a Squeaky Moore, I do expect Siliva to have a solid game against the Blues.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
My tip is that Siliva will be a Wallaby post RWC. I expect Moore, TPN, Saiaa, Hanson and possibly Charles to either retire or move overseas pre-retirement. The hooker position would then be a contest between Siliva, Leafa and the new Tah's reserve. While he is not yet a Squeaky Moore, I do expect Siliva to have a solid game against the Blues.

He was the hooker for the BIL game, and did a awesome job. So far I can't say that our mostly no name bench has disappointed me. I'm hoping that one of our boys line up Nonu as well (legally of course).:D

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
He was the hooker for the BIL game, and did a awesome job. So far I can't say that our mostly no name bench has disappointed me. I'm hoping that one of our boys line up Nonu as well (legally of course).:D

Could be just the job for Fardy when Nonu is loitering off side at the ruck, as he always does.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
BOM is forecasting storms and heavy rain for Friday. Just another aspect that makes tipping difficult for this game. Hope the weather doesn't have too much impact on the contest.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
BOM is forecasting storms and heavy rain for Friday. Just another aspect that makes tipping difficult for this game. Hope the weather doesn't have too much impact on the contest.
It was the exact same conditions last year in Auckland if I recall correctly?
Brumbies just kept the Blues in their half, their tactical kicking was that dominate. Think Brumbies scored 2 tries to 1? Correction, the Brumbies scored 5 penalties and a try to the Blues 1 try and some penalties.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It was the exact same conditions last year in Auckland if I recall correctly?
Brumbies just kept the Blues in their half, their tactical kicking was that dominate. Think Brumbies scored 2 tries to 1? Correction, the Brumbies scored 5 penalties and a try to the Blues 1 try and some penalties.

It was also those sort of conditions in Canberra in 2012 when the Brumbies just needed to beat the lowly placed Blues for a semi final spot. :eek:

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
It was also those sort of conditions in Canberra in 2012 when the Brumbies just needed to beat the lowly placed Blues for a semi final spot. :eek:

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Nah....I was at that game and it only really started raining in the 2nd half. The weather is SHIT here today.

Definitely more like last year in Auckland and again I think it suits the Brumbies. But if you want to be the Champions, the weather doesn't matter...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
My tip is that Siliva will be a Wallaby post RWC. I expect Moore, TPN, Saiaa, Hanson and possibly Charles to either retire or move overseas pre-retirement.
I doubt they will all be conveniently gone. Two of those guys will be only 26 in 2015.
Code:
      2015 2019
----------------
Charles 26  30
Hanson  26  30
Saia    28  33
TPN     29  35
Moore   32  36

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I doubt they will all be conveniently gone. Two of those guys will be only 26 in 2015.
Code:
      2015 2019
----------------
Charles 26  30
Hanson  26  30
Saia    28  33
TPN     29  35
Moore   32  36
Theres some big raps on the kid lets see how he goes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

I hope he goes well.

What I am saying is he's not going to walk into Gold unopposed.
Nor did I say so. I nominated his opposition assuming others were not available. If some of those remain, then the Wallabies'jumper will be even harder to earn. But he will be in the mix IMO.

Stampede

Frank Row (1)
BOMs updated forecast is for the rain to clear in the arvo/evening. It has currently stopped raining and nothing on the radar.

The ground will still be very wet but it doesn't look like any more rain to come.

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
Hope the rain has stayed around definitely suit the Brumbies more with White and Mogg but we have the back three to hurt the Blues with the ball in hand.
Congratulation to Siliva has not had too many starts sitting behind Moore so hope he shows his true potential.
Brumbies need to win to stay on top of conference so a big game is needed

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hope the rain has stayed around definitely suit the Brumbies more with White and Mogg but we have the back three to hurt the Blues with the ball in hand.
Congratulation to Siliva has not had too many starts sitting behind Moore so hope he shows his true potential.
Brumbies need to win to stay on top of conference so a big game is needed
You have the back 3 to score points no doubt, but to hurt the Blues with ball in hand? Robbie Coleman or Jesse Mogg running at the Tongan Tanks Halai, Piutai, Li and Moala, only speels trouble.

In any case, if the Brumbies pack turn up with intent to "crack skulls", the game should be won because the Blues tight five still has some question marks around their effectiveness. And don't kick it wastefully like the 2012 fixture.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Oh dear, White with an all too customary error. If he just got that out of his game a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.