• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Blues Round 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbertwo

Peter Burge (5)
I apologise if this thread has already been started but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I was a bit shocked when I saw the Blues score (I didn't see the game) last weekend and it has made me a little jittery. I believe that the Brumbies can win it especially at home but it is definitely not to be taken as given. I am really looking for a dominant performance from the forwards and a more expansive game overall, weather permitting. Assuming Robbie Coleman is playing 15, I would really like to see him coming into the attacking line more often to create more work for the defence. Similarly with Tomane when he's on the blind.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I think the Blues have left their run to the finals too late :rolleyes: , but they seem to have some pent up angst that might threaten the Brumbies. Still, you know Jake White will have the Ponies turn up with their minds on the job. That ought to be enough.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's really nothing to worry about, are you forgetting who the Blues played? The Force had Sharpe, Pocock, McCalman and Hodgson out and were competitive right until half-time. It was another extremely poor Blues performance.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Time to update the mental framework guys.
If the Brumbies won't beat the Blues at home and convincingly, then what hopes do they have of doing anything good in the finals (assuming they're in it).

numbertwo

Peter Burge (5)
OK, well like I said I didn't see the game last week and I'm sure that the Brumbies are extremely focused, but don't you think some of the expansive play and variation has gone out of their game under the pressure to get the win.
Perhaps this is an opportunity to get a good win with a more varied game. If Fotu plays and can make some linebreaks there should be more opportinuties out wide.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Blues really are in the shit.

Pat Lam is being made to interview for the Blues2013 coaching role BEFORE the end of the season and will stay back in Auckland on Friday to do so. He will then fly over to Australia AFTER the rest of the squad.

Surely it could have waited til Monday or Tuesday next week. It's not like they'll be doing anything next week.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
If you look at the players the Blues have you can get quite nervous about this game, as there is no doubting their ability, especially when they had a good second half last week to gain a bit of confidence.

The news about Pat Lam having to stay in Auckland for an extra day will certainly not help them though. This is their last game of the season, and if the Brumbies play a physical game I think the Blues will find it extremely hard to find the motivation to combat it.

That's what happened with the Brumbies last year - a great win against the Reds, followed by a good win against the Rebels at home. Then for the last game they were away against the Waratahs, where it seemed they didn't have the stomach for the fight and they just lay down and gave up.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Joe Tomane back for the Brumbies which means Jesse Mogg back to Fullback and Robbie Coleman to the wing.
Fotu Auelua onto the bench with Ita Vaea dropping out.

Brumbies

1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Dan Palmer
4. Scott Fardy
5. Sam Carter
6. Peter Kimlin
7. Michael Hooper
8. Ben Mowen (c)
9. Nic White
10. Zack Holmes
11. Joe Tomane
12. Pat McCabe
13. Andrew Smith
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

16. Anthony Hegarty
17. Ruaidhri Murphy
18. Leon Power
19. Fotu Auelua
20. Ian Prior
21. Tevita Kuridrani
22. Robbie Coleman

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The Ponies should have this stitched up early in the second half and cruise to the finish. That being said, a team sheet like the Blues have, is dangerous to ever take lightly.

I'll be cheering for the Brumbies, but somewhere deep down inside I'll be hoping they lose by more than seven. ;)

Carn the Brumbies!!! Finish strong!

L

Linebacker_41

The Ponies should have this stitched up early in the second half and cruise to the finish. That being said, a team sheet like the Blues have, is dangerous to ever take lightly.

I'll be cheering for the Brumbies, but somewhere deep down inside I'll be hoping they lose by more than seven. ;)

Scoey - you also forgot that deep down inside you also dont want the Brumbies to score any tries, and in particular 4 tries.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)

I know where you're coming from Scoey! I'm tipping "cousin Sam" to get his 3rd S15 try in this match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.