• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v British & Irish Lions Tuesday 18 June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Lions take on the Australian conference champions this coming Tuesday and it will be interesting to see what Brumbies are available..........

Fotu and Palmer are definitely gone according to the Crimes which is a huge blow as the rest of the Brumbies' front rowers are either in Wallaby camp or injured........

The Brumbies should still be able to field a pretty incredible back line but like the Reds they'll be missing some important players up front........

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
As the Combined Country played the majority of Lions test starters that will play against the Wallabies, the Brumbies will likely play against them again, that is unless Gatland rests them for the first test.

I'd be interested to see who comes on to the bench to take Prior's and Holmes' place though, as I'd imagine the team will be the one that played against the Rebels, that is:

Sio, Siliva, Smith, Power, Carter, Fardy, Fainga'a, Kimlin, Prior, Holmes, Rathbone, To'omua, Kuridriani, Speight, Mogg.

Should be a cracker of a match though. Cant wait for this one and the Tahs matchup!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Finally some common sense from the Wobs releasing their dirt trackers to the franchises to get some game time.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'd be interested to see who comes on to the bench to take Prior's and Holmes' place though, as I'd imagine the team will be the one that played against the Rebels, that is:

Sio, Siliva, Smith, Power, Carter, Fardy, Fainga'a, Kimlin, Prior, Holmes, Rathbone, To'omua, Kuridriani, Speight, Mogg.

Mark Swanepoel for Prior. Andrew Smith might also come back in

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Should be a good match. I wonder how many lions supporters can be bothered going to Canberra?

With Sio and Kimlin back the set piece won't be as one sided as it was for the reds game.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
not many went to newcastle though did they?
most supporters arrived yesterday i thought.

i think brumbies are the best chance of an upset.

still such a strong backline.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Apparently they start to arrive in droves this week so one would imagine some of the packages they are on would include the great town of Canburough?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
British and Irish Lions

1. Ryan Grant
2. Rory Best (c)
3. Matt Stevens
4. Ian Evans
5. Richie Gray
6. Sean O'Brien
7. Justin Tipuric
8. Toby Faletau
9. Ben Youngs
10. Stuart Hogg
11. Shane Williams
12. Billy Twelvetrees
13. Brad Barritt
14. Christian Wade
15. Rob Kearney

16. Richard Hibbard
17. Alex Corbisiero
18. Dan Cole
19. Geoff Parling
20. Dan Lydiate
21. Conor Murray
22. Owen Farrell
23. Simon Zebo

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Glad Youngs isn't starting in the test match. I think he is a lot more of a threat than Phillips.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies
R Smith
Siliva
Sio
Power
Carter
Fardy
Fainga'a
Kimlin (c)