• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Rebels, Round 16 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Paullie looks better and better every game I see him in.

I don't think he's quite ready for Wallaby Duty, and not for the world cup, but a cap or two on the November tour to set him up for the next cycle wouldn't be a bad idea. He's got two RWCs in him at the prop peak age (27 in '19 and 31 in '23, so there's no need to rush, but he's a keeper.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Paullie looks better and better every game I see him in.

I don't think he's quite ready for Wallaby Duty, and not for the world cup, but a cap or two on the November tour to set him up for the next cycle wouldn't be a bad idea. He's got two RWCs in him at the prop peak age (27 in '19 and 31 in '23, so there's no need to rush, but he's a keeper.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk
There's more upside in having him in the Wallabies EPS over Ryan, that's for sure.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Word in from Fox Sports...

simpsons-technical-difficulties1.jpg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's pretty poor from the Brumbies, didn't they have any other props? Could explain why his scrummaging was so poor.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
See the Rebels have lost Woodward, as I suggested (admittedly jokingly) he has decided to go back to Canes and take Taylors spot!!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Why was that a joke? That's pretty much what happened. The rumours starting coming in as soon as the Canes were in Melbourne and their backline players starting going overseas.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Why was that a joke? That's pretty much what happened. The rumours starting coming in as soon as the Canes were in Melbourne and their backline players starting going overseas.
Basically because I only said it half heartedly, didn't realise he was thinking about it. Not sure I was that worried about it, as I don't really think Woodward is that great, too many brainfarts for my taste, though it may suit him in with the Canes!! I think Proctor has more going for him at 15 for Canes, but he may fill in on wing to give Woodward a run!!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
That's pretty poor from the Brumbies, didn't they have any other props? Could explain why his scrummaging was so poor.

The Smiths are the Brumby back up props and they are very poor scrummagers. Until Ala'alatoa and ? progress the Brumbies will be very very vulnerable to starter props being injured. Mind you, Ala'alatoa would be available in three weeks time, but would he step up to Super level at tight head?

Alexander's injury is a worry. Neck nerve compression does not sound like a short term injury, but if it hasn't recovered in three weeks the match against the Tahs could get very ugly. And if it does recur you'd think that Alexander is in serious doubt for the Bledisloe and RC matches. So, does Link insist that Alexander have Super time off to be ready for the RC putting the Brumbies in danger of missing the play-offs or does he risk having Alexander unavailable for the RC? Glad I'm not making that call, someone's going to be seriously pissed off.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm hoping it's not too serious:

Alexander will have a cortisone injection to ease the pain and could be back for the third Test, but it's more likely he will return to action for the Brumbies' charge to the Super Rugby finals.

The injury has resulted in Alexander losing significant strength in one side of his body.

''The injury is one I understand quite well, being a former tighthead prop, and while not a sinister issue, it can significantly influence performance due to the impact it has on a player’s overall strength,'' McKenzie said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/stephen-moore-to-be-wallabies-captain-20140601-zru8u.html#ixzz33R9NzYGe

There was another article floating around that stated that the Brumbies and Link had "agreed" to rest Alexander............

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
The Smiths are the Brumby back up props and they are very poor scrummagers. Until Ala'alatoa and ? progress the Brumbies will be very very vulnerable to starter props being injured. Mind you, Ala'alatoa would be available in three weeks time, but would he step up to Super level at tight head?

Alexander's injury is a worry. Neck nerve compression does not sound like a short term injury, but if it hasn't recovered in three weeks the match against the Tahs could get very ugly. And if it does recur you'd think that Alexander is in serious doubt for the Bledisloe and RC matches. So, does Link insist that Alexander have Super time off to be ready for the RC putting the Brumbies in danger of missing the play-offs or does he risk having Alexander unavailable for the RC? Glad I'm not making that call, someone's going to be seriously pissed off.
In my view, Link has more options at THP than the Brumbies have. So I don't think he should intervene. On the local scene, I think JP Predaud plays TH.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Watch this game and hell me white shouldn't start or the wallabies. He tackles big men in a
Dominant fashion. Passes well. Darts well, sets up tries, kicks like a beast.

Genia also had a good game but I think whites got him.

D

daz

Well, I said the boys were cooked after the Tahs game and I saw nothing on the weekend in Canberra to make me think I called it incorrectly.

I cannot see any prospect of another win before the season closes up shop.

2014 will likely end with a hugely disappointing whimper. It's more upsetting because we know what they are capable of, and I know the lads are hugely frustrated with how the season has panned out.

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
Good to see that Fugi is not too badly injured. I cannot believe that McGahan left him on when he could barely walk. It took about 10 minutes to replace him. Same as Highlanders game - did the shoulder in the first half but played all game. I was pleased to see Jordy get a run on Saturday.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm hoping it's not too serious:

There was another article floating around that stated that the Brumbies and Link had "agreed" to rest Alexander....
Mowen had the same issue/injury last year didn't he? It seemed to impact on his form in the EOYT tests but he played them all from memory.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Mowen had the same issue/injury last year didn't he? It seemed to impact on his form in the EOYT tests but he played them all from memory.

I don't think you're suggesting Alexander should play on with his injury, but in case you are I expect it is a different kettle of fish a prop packing in a scrum with a bad neck to a No 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.