• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Reds Super Rugby round 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm pretty happy with how Quades going, to be honest, considering he has had no rugby beyond the 40 minutes v the Lions last week for 6 months.

Point taken Vidiot. My comment re the QAR was provisional after just 1.5 games; it typically takes a top player at least 3 full and demanding games to come back into match fitness, especially after such a long absence. For mine, during June, I'd much prefer to see QC (Quade Cooper) playing Brisbane Premier Grade and the exhibition game v Canes than being rushed back into Tests.

I partly mention the QAR as it was a negative deterioration in this ratio that marred Quade's RWC campaign. The truly excellent fell away, the faulty increased, as did the absolutely stupid.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Reds I think Quade will play against Scotland, I not seeing them causing too much prob, and Deans may feel it a good way of giving Quade gamet time.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
jezz the Brumbies nearly nabbed that match at the bell.... Reds season was nearly over but teh ball flew past eth outside of the post by only half a meter on the at play...

Furthermore I really dont know what McKenzies bang'n on about in the papers, I have no idea why he is so cocky, the Reds weren't every good, Quade wasn't seen, either was Digby or Genia and Howill is out... the Brumbies rookies held their own going down by 1 point and stealing an important bonus point so the Reds only really got 3 points up in the OZ conference... Nonetheless it makes for a good end to the season comp for both teams...

Next week bye means teh Reds can only get 4 points, where the brumbies can pick up 5 with a bonus point against the Rebels...

L

Linebacker_41

65 kicks in total in the match which is a approximately 1 every 73.846 seconds :(

This game is going to be a great spectacle for those who love kicking. I dont expect either team to run the ball out of their own half particularly with Hooper and Gill lurking.

Max - Are you really surprised at this number??

My only surprise was there wasnt more kicking.

The first Brums v Reds game in Brisbane was shocking and, like I expected, both teams played the same game plans again.

The thing that scares me the most is that success reinforces behaviour.

I hope this doesnt mean that the Reds are going to revert to this narrow forwards to 10 to kick style game. Maybe 4 weeks off Super rugby might result in the Reds forgetting this game plan and playing a more open style game.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I hope this doesnt mean that the Reds are going to revert to this narrow forwards to 10 to kick style game. Maybe 4 weeks off Super rugby might result in the Reds forgetting this game plan and playing a more open style game.

The Brumbies and Reds have a history of being bore fest's. Has everyone wiped from their memory the 3-6 game at Suncorp in 2007?

L

Linebacker_41

The Brumbies and Reds have a history of being bore fest's. Has everyone wiped from their memory the 3-6 game at Suncorp in 2007?

I have just got my nervous twitch back. I had forgotten that match.......... Until now.

T

tranquility

Having watched the Reds lose these games for years, I love that we now have a group that wins the tight ones. I think the gap in experience was telling on Saturday night. It is also a massive psychological win, because correct me if I am wrong, but if the Brumbies finish 3rd and we are 6th - does that not mean we play each other in the first week of the playoffs?

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Yeah, not every game of rugby is a joy to watch and watching that game was a bit like having to kiss the ugly aunt. However it was bloody tense & the Qld boys came out on top,over a former bogey team on their bogey ground, for the 2nd year running. I don't care what it looked like I'm just happy they came away with the points in another tight match. The Reds have shown, yet again, that they know what it takes to win and will do it in whatever style that it takes. An ugly win every now and then is acceptable, it's when it becomes the norm that gets one worried.

T

TOCC

jezz the Brumbies nearly nabbed that match at the bell.... Reds season was nearly over but teh ball flew past eth outside of the post by only half a meter on the at play...

Furthermore I really dont know what McKenzies bang'n on about in the papers, I have no idea why he is so cocky, the Reds weren't every good, Quade wasn't seen, either was Digby or Genia and Howill is out... the Brumbies rookies held their own going down by 1 point and stealing an important bonus point so the Reds only really got 3 points up in the OZ conference... Nonetheless it makes for a good end to the season comp for both teams...

Next week bye means teh Reds can only get 4 points, where the brumbies can pick up 5 with a bonus point against the Rebels...

There is no cockiness Muddy, its just your interpretation.

It says a lot about the Reds if Quade, Digby and Genia were quiet in a match which they still won...Not to mention losing their captain.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
jeez, the Reds have their 4 points in the Bank .An upset is not beyond belief so you might end up with 0 points. be a bit of mud on your face then skipper!
BTW it's very hard to suffer major injuries to key players against the bye,Where are you guys if you lose 2 or 3 of your stars in a physical encounter against the rebs?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
That was a crap game. We won only because Holmes missed the last kick. Instead of leaving the ground in joy of a great win, I just left thinking shit it's freezing.

Brumbies just played dumb rugby in kicking us the ball back. I was amaized at how silly it was. Their lineout was good though and ours needs work. The whole game never got any momentum. I blame the players and not walsh for that.

Like all teams, the Brumbies have their share of dickheads in the crowd. The mob behind us were terrible in their conduct. Personal and foul mouthed abuse at Walsh was just ordinary. In saying this I understand that it is not a reflection of all Brumbies fans.

W

What2040

Brums game play is always to kick and then try and force an error. Reds game plan was to simply kick the shit out of it back to the Brums and try and do the same. Ugly win but a win. Blame the Brums for negative footy, the Reds just responded........

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Don't blame the teams. Blame the bloke with the whistle that was intent on giving more leeway to the defensive team than the attacking team.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Like all teams, the Brumbies have their share of dickheads in the crowd. The mob behind us were terrible in their conduct. Personal and foul mouthed abuse at Walsh was just ordinary. In saying this I understand that it is not a reflection of all Brumbies fans.

Had a similar experience at the Tahs game in Canberra a few weeks ago, Ruggo. Started off with a few boos as I walked in, nice to be made welcome as a visitor! But things went downhill with a rabid Brumbies supporter about four or five seats along, really giving it to Rocky and the Tahs in general, quite personal and over the top. When I made a remark obviously from a Tahs supporter ("pass the ball you goose", or some other sage advice) he leaned over to learn there was a Tahs fan nearby. Well, he went ballistic, poking his scone out to bait me at every play. Finally, the Brumbies supporters in front of him told him he was over the top and suggested he pull his head in. It all became quite heated.

The Brumbies crowd next to, in front of and behind me were very pleasant company. I'm as one-eyed a supporter as the next fervent fan but I realise my team needs quality opponents to make a match of it. Some Brumbies supporters don't seem to understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.