• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Waratahs, Rnd 7 2020 GIO Stadium Sunday 15 Mar 16:05

Brumbies or Waratahs?

• Brumbies +12

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Brumbies -12

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Waratahs -12

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Waratahs +12

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
You're telling me that if it had been 12-1 the other way you'd have been fine with it? How can a team be penalised once in the first 60 minutes and seven times in the next 20? Are your precious Brumbies a 60 minute team who then turn to illegalities in the last 20? No. If you asked the Brumbies coaches off the record, they'd tell you that they'd had a huge leg-up but they'd had been on the other end in other games too.

The 50-50 calls in games between similar teams usually go 50-50, not 12-1. I said up front the Brumbies were the better team and deserved to win. My post was not sour grapes, my language on here might be perhaps colourful but I sought to be objective. I was appalled at the refereeing. I also reacted to "the brumbies played great, the tahs were rubbish from start to finish" that fills the previous pages.

Watch the game again.

And in reply to Slim, you've been reading my posts on here for years. You know I'm not him and never will be.

Hard to say, I'm looking it at from a Brumbies view, but you're looking at it from a Tahs viewpoint. Momentum tends to lead to more penalties towards the dominate team, hence the swing.

Maybe in reality it should have been 12 - 2, or 10 - 3. But really it's one or two bad calls, not 10 bad calls. For example I think they missed one forward pass, and the rest were fine (back out of the hands but ball moving forwards or just very flat).

But i agree on paper, it looks bad, and hard to believe.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
How was the tackle by Muirhead on the Tah's no. 9 (in the 10th minute) legal; he wasn't on his feet.

From World Rugby "The Game is to played by players who are on their feet".

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
How was the tackle by Muirhead on the Tah's no. 9 (in the 10th minute) legal; he wasn't on his feet.

From World Rugby "The Game is to played by players who are on their feet".

Simple. He wasn't on the ground which would have made it illegal. Muirhead was airborne when he made the tackle.