• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Vs Crusaders. Chch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
So Huxley to cover the kicking game, and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to somehow get the ball in the wet after it goes past Giteau and Smith?

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will be kick chasing all day!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I also think the scrum battle will helpful in deciding who gets a Wallaby starts and who gets Baa Baa spots.

The Crusaders Scrum is technically very very good

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Brumbies props are a good chance of starting the first Wallaby game, you'd have to think.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Scotty said:
Brumbies props are a good chance of starting the first Wallaby game, you'd have to think.

You would think so, but I really thought Baxter was doing great this year until he got snapped by the Crusaders as well.

W

Wazimba2K

Re: George Smith's Final Kick!

I have a feeling George Smith will kick us into Victory for his Final Kick in this close match before he heads to Toulon! Apparently, the Book "French for Dummies" fell out of his gym bag @ Training!

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Ioane is probably the most penetrative runner in the Reds team, and he often plays on the wing for them - why not AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing for the Brumbies? He isn't a big passer of the ball, but I am constantly amazed at the way he breaks tackles and gets over the tryline in tight and difficult circumstances.

A

amanda

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to somehow get the ball in the wet after it goes past Giteau and Smith?

Does anyone know how many tries have been scored by Brumbies outside backs this season? SInce the bye, I can't really remember anyone outside 12 crossing the stripe. Not that my memory is all that clear, I couldn't find a list.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
amanda said:
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to somehow get the ball in the wet after it goes past Giteau and Smith?

Does anyone know how many tries have been scored by Brumbies outside backs this season? SInce the bye, I can't really remember anyone outside 12 crossing the stripe. Not that my memory is all that clear, I couldn't find a list.

Good point, I just ran through the games and the Brumbies have scored 4 tries all season by players playing wider than 10 all season

McCabe 1
Leafano 1
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 1
Mafi 1

and two of those were in the one game

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
fatprop said:
amanda said:

Good point, I just ran through the games and the Brumbies have scored 4 tries all season by players playing wider than 10 all season

McCabe 1
Leafano 1
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 1
Mafi 1

and two of those were in the one game

Additionally Brumbies backs
Giteau, Valentine, Phibbs, To'omua have all scored tries also...

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yep. 4 from the halves, -4 5 (missed one from T Smith) from the outside backs out of 33

It does highlight where the Crusaders can expect the attack to come from

S

Spook

I think the outside backs have made good breaks but the forwards have pure hogs in the 22. Bloody hoiles keeping the ball at his feet at every scrum in the 22 doesn't help.

Interesting to note that the Brumbies are the second best defensive team in the comp.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Spook said:
I think the outside backs have made good breaks but the forwards have pure hogs in the 22. Bloody hoiles keeping the ball at his feet at every scrum in the 22 doesn't help.

Interesting to note that the Brumbies are the second best defensive team in the comp.

Yep, the Brumbies have been playing finals rugby all season. Forward focussed, field position, no counter from their own half.

Sort of like the Waratahs of the last few years. :fishing

It actually should put them in good stead for this game as the Crusaders are the same kind of side.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Tonights game should be played on a dry track. It's been unseasonably warm here in Christchurch and flying in the other day I noticed how dry it seems for NZ standards and no snow on the mountains.

That is unless a storm front appears from somewhere in the next 5 hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.