• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Highlanders - 2011R08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clawhammer

Herbert Moran (7)
According to the Canberra Times Gits, To'omua and Lealiifano will spend the game rotating through 10 and 12. Sounds like a sure fire way to confuse the rest of the backline. Still, will be interesting to see how the manage it.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To'omua has spent most of the match at flyhalf so far and not surprisingly the Brumbies attack is so much better...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Did you see Chisolm get absolutely owned by Thomson - drove him back 5-7m then turned over ball? Chis is such a cream puff in contact.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Giteau in after the pass off To'omua. The extra space working a treat fro Gits

CL was an effective dummy runner in the play too

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bugger, by the sounds of it I should've bought Gits for my Fantasy side. If only they admitted that he'd be at 12...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah, Gits looking very sharp at 12, mostly. Who'd have thought? Scrum doing well (and Palmer yet to come on) for Brumbies, Kimlin making an impact at the breakdown too. Brumbies should be at least level on the scoreboard with all the field position and possession they've had. 'Landers are very aggressive at breakdown, but now they've been warned by Stu, they might need to back off a bit in the second half - Brumbies might get a bit more room to move there. Good game to watch so far - plenty of good aggressive play without any niggly stuff. I think Stu is reffing it pretty well too - letting a contest happen at breakdowns rather than the sometime bias to the attacking team we sometimes see. Both teams have counter-rucked well at times.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Brumbies putting pressure on the landers defence and causing penalties, just not breakdown penalties to get a card

Slade goorrnnnnn

G

GC

Has to be the piss-weakest performance by an Australian team I have ever seen at the break-down. Dominated by the Highlanders. Every Brumbies forward should hang their head in shame after this. Back OK. Gits playing well.

G

GC

I actually thought this has been the best the Brumbies have looked this season.

They were far better against the Chiefs.

Many times the numbers were even at the break-down. The Brumbies forwards were just weak. One-on-one, every Highlanders forward was stronger, smashing Ponies backward and turning over the ball at will. Chisholm, Edwards & Salvi were the worst offenders.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Just saw the highlights and it looks like Poki has restarted from where he left off.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Brumbies have no idea what to do in the red zone. Crap defending aswell. The attack looked nice But they need to finish it off

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
They were far better against the Chiefs.

Many times the numbers were even at the break-down. The Brumbies forwards were just weak. One-on-one, every Highlanders forward was stronger, smashing Ponies backward and turning over the ball at will. Chisholm, Edwards & Salvi were the worst offenders.

Disagree, the Chiefs poor handling made the Brumbies look good. They'll have a better chance next week against the Canes.

Just saw the highlights and it looks like Poki has restarted from where he left off.

Very happy to have Poki in my fantasy team right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.