• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Vs Highlanders. Canberra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

To'omua and Mortlock could be back for this one. G Smith may also be available. It'll be his final time at Canberra stadium as a player. This bloke has been the heart and soul of the team. He deserves the highest praise from all quarters. :salute :notworthy

S

Spook

Re: Brumbies Vs Highlanders

Mortlock is out. Should have also mentioned this legend of a player. :notworthy :salute

G Smith looking more likely.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

apparently Smith trained yesterday. Awesome to see him back. What a lift for the team it would be.

W

Wazimba2K

As usual, I can't start a new thread. They told me to contribute to Old topics instead of starting new ones or take my black ass back to Africa! Well, I am broke and the flights are expensive so I choose to the Former!

Surprisingly, after a careful review of the Highlanders history this season, they are having a great season! Great upsets and a few close calls.

As the Rugby world is busy stroking our ego's for the Brumbies win against the Reds, I worry that just because it is a home game, the Highlanders have the same drive to overcome the Hoodoo of loosing at Canberra!

Sat 13th 19:35 Super 14 Crusaders 32 - 17 Highlanders

Fri 19th 19:35 Super 14 Highlanders 15 - 19 Blues

Sat 27th 17:05 Super 14 Cheetahs 24 - 31 Highlanders

Sat 6th 17:05 Super 14 Stormers 33 - 0 Highlanders

Sat 13th 17:05 Super 14 Bulls 50 - 35 Highlanders

Sat 20th 19:35 Super 14 Highlanders 16 - 30 Sharks

Fri 26th 19:35 Super 14 Highlanders 39 - 29 Lions

Sat 3rd 19:35 Super 14 Chiefs 27 - 21 Highlanders

Sat 10th 14:30 Super 14 Highlanders 27 - 41 Western Force

Sat 24th 19:35 Super 14 Highlanders 31 - 33 Hurricanes

Fri 30th 19:35 Super 14 Highlanders 26 - 10 Waratahs

Sat 8th 19:40 Super 14 Brumbies vs Highlanders

Sat 15th 19:40 Super 14 Reds vs Highlanders

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)

I'm happy to see To'omua back. Really want that kid to get some more game time (although, I would have preferred it to be with the rebels but meh ;)).

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Wazza - I'd be willing to bet that the Highlanders have lost more games by less than 7 than any other team in Super Rugby history. It's their destiny.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Confirmed....
CA Brumbies v Highlanders
Canberra Stadium, Canberra
Saturday, 8 May, 2010
Kick-off: 7.40pm

1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Salesi Ma’afu
4. Mitchell Chapman
5. Mark Chisholm
6. Rocky Elsom
7. George Smith
8. Stephen Hoiles (c)
9. Josh Valentine
10. Matt To'omua
11. Andrew Smith
12. Matt Giteau
13. Tyrone Smith
14. Pat McCabe
15. Adam Ashley-Cooper

Reserves
16. Huia Edmonds
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Ben Hand
19. Colby Fainga'a
20. Patrick Phibbs
21. Brackin Karauria-Henry
22. Ed Stubbs/Stirling Mortlock

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
He trained this morning and will be assessed at the Captains Run tomorrow before they'll give him the OK, which of course you'll all read it here first about how he goes....

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I hope Morty gets a run - it would be great to see him and George get a great send-off together. 2 legends, and I don't use the word lightly.
Big respect. :thumb

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
cyclopath said:
I hope Morty gets a run - it would be great to see him and George get a great send-off together. 2 legends, and I don't use the word lightly.

^ :thumb

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Biffo said:
cyclopath said:

^ :thumb

agreed and hopefully not stuck on the wing, that would be worse than not playing

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Brumby Jack said:
Confirmed....
CA Brumbies v Highlanders
Canberra Stadium, Canberra
Saturday, 8 May, 2010
Kick-off: 7.40pm

1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Salesi Ma’afu
4. Mitchell Chapman
5. Mark Chisholm
6. Rocky Elsom
7. George Smith
8. Stephen Hoiles (c)
9. Josh Valentine
10. Matt To'omua
11. Andrew Smith
12. Matt Giteau
13. Tyrone Smith
14. Pat McCabe
15. Adam Ashley-Cooper

Reserves
16. Huia Edmonds
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Ben Hand
19. Colby Fainga'a
20. Patrick Phibbs
21. Brackin Karauria-Henry
22. Ed Stubbs/Stirling Mortlock

BJ, is Hooper injured or has Fainga'a just surpassed him?

Also, do you know if Fainifo is expected back at all this season? Last I remember reading he was expected back in April

gone

Ted Fahey (11)
Stirlo will be desperate to play this weekend. It’s one of his brothers Bucks weekend and there will be 20-odd liquored up blokes making the trip down to Canberra including his 3 brothers to see the game. Instructions for the trip are pretty simple – “Don’t end up in Jail”.

R

Rugby Rat

I hope the Highlanders kick the Brumbies butts and the Brumbies have mega injuries.

By beating the Reds they have almost assured us that the SAAFERS will have two home semis.

S

Spook

Rugby Rat said:
I hope the Highlanders kick the Brumbies butts and the Brumbies have mega injuries.

By beating the Reds they have almost assured us that the SAAFERS will have two home semis.

crying-baby_medium.jpg

R

Rugby Rat

We all know they should have tanked for the benefit of NZ and OZ fans.

Brumbies.. Now the most hated side in the Southern hemisphere.

R

Rugby Rat

Seriously tho, I do think that the Highlanders have hit some form. Won't be an easy game for the Brumbies.

Highlanders by 12.

If Valentine can string 2 together then perhaps a fair bit closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.