• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Kings - Super Rugby R8 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Just found out the score of the game played between the second top team v. the second bottom team, played at the home of the second top team.

On that basis alone (and I have not seen the game yet) I am going to ask a very simple question:

WTF, Brumbies???

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Took them too lightly and had a team with very few combinations in it?

The Crusaders drew with the Force in the height of their powers, in the Force's first season. And the Force then were much, much worse than this Kings team, which is rather good despite their results so far.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
There was a previous attempt to bring a team from the Eastern Cape into the competition, the franchise was the Southern Spears. That effort failed, and caused a lot of bitterness.

The Lions had to be kicked out to allow the Kings to get into the SA Conference this year, again a lot of controversy and bitterness.

The President of the local union is Cheeky Watson, a white man who outraged the then rugby establishment by playing rugby in the coloured competition (in the apartheid era), and
who is revered by the black rugby community now, as a consequence. An attempt was made to get his son, Luke, into the 2007 World Cup squad, but Jake White refused to have him on the grounds that he was not good enough. That is thought to be one reason that White lost his national coaching position, even though he won the Cup.

The above is my best understanding, others with a better and more topical knowledge of the subject, please update, and accept my apologies where I am incorrect.

I believe that Luke was included in the squad against Jake's wishes and that he played perhaps one game during the tournament.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
I believe that Luke was included in the squad against Jake's wishes and that he played perhaps one game during the tournament.
Funny thing is the Eastern Cape lose most of its players at school level and the top players are white they lose. Luke is receiving a 4 million pay check at the Kings and Cheeky will kiss any arse that keeps him on the gravy train. Oh and 50 percent of that Franchise is owned by .. wait for it ........ drum roll SARU
Ba-doom-tis

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Oh awesome. I can go to the TAB and cash in my bet on the Kings to win......whats that TAB? I can't cash in my ticket because it was a draw? Thought so.
In the end the Kings still scored 3 from the draw where the Brumbies got only 2.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Yep.

But back to the Kings, I think they deserve more credit for this win than just putting down the Brumbies for switching off.

According to the Foxsports commentary team, who are not known to embellish, it was the greatest Super rugby upset* EVER!

"in all of history"

so there i guess.

* an upset may require the underdogs to actually win however.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Oh awesome. I can go to the TAB and cash in my bet on the Kings to win......whats that TAB? I can't cash in my ticket because it was a draw? Thought so.

Actually If you bet head to head you get half, which is better than nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.