• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Kings - Super Rugby R8 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
FTFY - 'Fixed that for you'. The passive-aggressive way of disagreeing with someone's opinion.

Normally I'd agree with you.

Really I was just emphasising the gulf in ability between the competition leader playing at home and the new team coming second last.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So Maybe for another Thread but Leo McCabe or To'omua Leo or I suppose To'omua McCabe, I will stop at McCabe, Rathbone ...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Anyway, I think the big news from this match is that Elric van Vuuren has withdrawn from team against Brumbies today after spraining ankle in Captain's Run. Siviwe Soyizwapi comes up onto bench.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
It will be good to see McCabe back in action but I am looking forward most to seeing hooker Siliva Siliva start in a Super Rugby game.

He's a big lad but whenever I've seen him play he hasn't run over folks but stepped them or used his ball playing skills before contact.

I hope that Jake has knocked that out of him; so let's see. And let's see if he's a piano shifter, not a player.

Incidentally I put up a preview yesterday here:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/preview-aussie-matches-in-round-8/

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Would have preferred Lilo to rest today & play next week vs Highlanders (if he's rested next week).
More likely to need the points from his kicks in NZ.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
So maybe it's not "if" but "by how many". I don't think the brums will take the game lightly, but they often play to the opposition's standard. Hope they get an early try to get the crowd into it. Tough road game for the kings, they're actually not bad but unless the game is low scoring and tight at the death, I can't see them winning.

Someone said this was roughly our biggest pack, I think the backs are roughly our biggest too. Sneak A.Smith into the centres and McCabe to fullback for Coleman and it would be.

Brumbies by 19 and a bonus point.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Both were good but the vision and weight on that kick from Lealeafano was world class.

Also nice 2nd try there. Has Nic White been playing touch rugby? Pretty risky pass.

Was under advantage. It's always fun to watch Morne Steyn when he has advantage, I've seen him actually set up tries with both the kick and the pass if that's not too unbelievable to believe. Shocking I know.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Shaping to be a really open game, Aleuea needs a Wallabies jersey, nay the Wallabies Jersey needs him.

Status
Not open for further replies.