• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Reds, Friday 1st of July, GIO Stadium Canberra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
McIntyre standing SHCOKINGLY deep.

Thor makes a half break, but offloaded to the wrong side. Moore picks up and tries to grubber ahead, then Gill picks up and tries to kick ahead as well.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Sio angling in at that last scrum. Taniela didn't react to it quick enough

As I said before, we're gonna get massacred in the scrum.
However this is only Thor's 1st game of super rugby, up against a test prop, he's gonna get his head shoved up his arse a few times. The key is to learn from it and get better.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Brumbies go early at the scrum for the second time, Reds get the penalty by Frisby fails to find touch.

Brumbies play on from their own half.

Lees warns and penalises Ready for being on his feet legally playing a ball with a player holding on. The Brumbies go wide to Ah Wong, he's just short, then Alexander on the fly. Going ot the TMO.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
McIntyre standing SHCOKINGLY deep.

Thor makes a half break, but offloaded to the wrong side. Moore picks up and tries to grubber ahead, then Gill picks up and tries to kick ahead as well.

Conclusion - forwards shouldn't kick, unless their name is John Eales......................................or Matt Dunning.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Try time Ponies.

Ben Alexander scores at 42 minutes after Frisby fails to find touch off a penalty.

Ponies 15 Reds 10. Could get ugly after oranges.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bloody hell, how hard is it to kick the ball into fucken touch. Frisby spending too much time at the Wallabies training with Foley

Frisby's been pretty poor tonight, he's dithered q few times and a shocking box kick charged down.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyone getting spam, I'm getting this on site via iPhone, never seen this beofre. Right hand side alway seems to be GNGR feeds and some adds.
AC8FAD27-05AB-4EBB-B2A8-C61FCF87C543_zps2bneimrb.png

Looks pretty standard, almost a screen-shot of what I'm seeing on my ipad. If anything I'd say the spam % is the lowest I've ever seen.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
That try was from a shocking Frisby kick not finding touch. Still don't quite understand what Ready was penalised and warned for.

Lilo misses, 15 - 10 at half time.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
And it completely falls apart for the reds.....shock horror

Brums leading 15-10 @ HT

Yeah, normal programming has resumed.

I hate Lees so much as a ref, so many weird decisions.

That scrum that the Reds got a shove on then got wheeled was obvious. Then again, the earlier scrum the Reds got the penalty for when it looked like a very good counter shove from the Brumbies was just weird too.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bloody hell, how hard is it to kick the ball into fucken touch. Frisby spending too much time at the Wallabies training with Foley
Wobs Kicking Coach Malone (from NSW) must have been teaching bad habits to Frisby.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeah, normal programming has resumed.

I hate Lees so much as a ref, so many weird decisions.

That scrum that the Reds got a shove on then got wheeled was obvious. Then again, the earlier scrum the Reds got the penalty for when it looked like a very good counter shove from the Brumbies was just weird too.

And the penalty against Gill....

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds coaches: WTF! I wont miss Gill's kicking next yeas. NOOOO! WTF; Moore, no no no! It just wont stop ever!

Don't worry..................................you get to watch George Smith running around next year in super rugby :)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
And the penalty against Gill..

What was weird with the Ready penalty (which they didn't need anyway) was that he warned Ready, Ready let the ball go and put his hand in the air, then Powell dithered over the ball and Lees awarded it for Powell dithering. Just a WTF moment.

Anyway, can't see us doing much from here. McIntyre is back to his good ol' standing 15m back, step across field and shovel on the ball mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.