• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Vs Stormers

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

Whilst the Stormers were impressive against the Tahs, I saw enough from the Brumbies to suggest they could win this match. Need an 80 minute effort though and I'm relying on the fact the Brumbies forwards won't run out of puff again having spent the week in SA.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think the Brumbies are a very good chance. The Stormers are very beatable - the Tahs didn't stretch them the way I hope the Brumbies will.

80 mins of focus in the forwards, and good organisation in the backs will do it.

S

Spook

Sorry Lang, I wish could say the same for the Tahs but the Parasites are hard to stop at home.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
based on the Tahs last 2 matches, the heart says they can do it, but the head says "No F'ing way"

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Ummm ja the BumBoys will ask different questions for sure. The Stormers defense were rock solid in rounds 1 & 2 (only concede 1 try), this will be their big test. The BumBoys & Canes wont be easy at all.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The Brumbies will snap out of this bad form and sombody is going to pay the price. I think it will happen when they return to Canberra. Newlands is just as duanting a cauldren as Loftus and the Stormers are on a high. Expect an entertaining game of rugby though. Is it just me or does it look like Morty isn't enjoying his footy at the moment?

Stormers by 10.

S

Second row

Is it just me or does it look like Morty isn't enjoying his footy at the moment?

No, I would agree with you. Not sure what's going on there.

I think this should be a good tight game and I'm hoping the Brumbies don't fatigue like they did on Saturday- they stayed level with the Bull until the last quarter, which is more than can be said for the Tahs...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies team to be named later today.

Expect Harrison to make way for Ben Hand in the starting XV.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Brumby Jack said:
Brumbies team to be named later today.

Expect Harrison to make way for Ben Hand in the starting XV.

That makes sense, Harrison did a great impression of the invisible man vs the Bulls

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think he can get there though. Maybe Start him and sub him earlier. Say to him "Go as hard as you can for forty" and see what happens

S

Spook

BJ made the call on Harrison.

1. Ben Alexander, 2. Stephen Moore, 3. Salesi Ma'afu, 4. Ben Hand, 5. Mark Chisholm, 6.Rocky Elsom, 7. George Smith, 8. Stephen Hoiles, 9. Josh Valentine, 10. Matt Giteau, 11.Francis Fainifo, 12. Christian Lealiifano, 13.Stirling Mortlock, 14. Pat McCabe, 15.Adam Ashley-Cooper. Reserves: 16. Huia Edmonds, 17. Guy Shepherdson, 18. Justin Harrison, 19. Mitchell Chapman, 20. Patrick Phibbs, 21. Matt To'omua, 22. Tyrone Smith

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thinking the Brumbies just might get up for this one with some key Stormers out. Their execution improved from the Force game to the Bulls, and they just need a few key individuals to lift like Smith and Mortlock. Brumbies scrum won't be so troubled as well - but they need to bite the bullet and put Alexander at TH and dig up one of the others to play LH somehow.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Ja the Stormers is due for a shocker performance, friday most probably the day. They usually struggle against teams like the BumBoys or Canes, so two vital weeks at home for them. Both this teams are semi potential , so double points up for grabs. Going to be difficult and we'll have to rely on some backup players. The Stormers coaching staff learned some valuable lessons from last year, dont play a player if he isnt 100% fit and practise all week.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
1 JC Kritzinger
2 Tiaan Liebenberg
3 Brok Harris
4 De Kock Steenkamp
5 Andries Bekker
6 Pieter Louw
7 Francois Louw
8 Duane Vermeulen
9 Ricky Januarie
10 Peter Grant