• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bulls vs Crusaders Semi Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
That doesn't mean I want them to win. Once I bet, I forget about it entirely and barrack for what whatever team I want to win. Which is the Stormers.

And I couldn't help grabbing the Tahs at $3.40. I don't think that's necessarily good value, but thought why not.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
disco said:
The Bulls intensity will go up and I think the Saders will go with them for the 1st 60 but then the Bulls will run away with it.

Yep exactly... Bulls to get a couple of early penalties and never lose the lead from their. 2 or 3 quick tries in the last 20 mins to make it something like 35-15 to the Bulls. The travel will simply be too much for the good guys.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Crusaders – 15 Colin Slade, 14 Sean Maitland, 13 Robert Fruean, 12 Daniel Bowden, 11 Zac Guildford, 10 Dan Carter, 9 Andy Ellis, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw (c), 6 George Whitelock, 5 Sam Whitelock, 4 Brad Thorn, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Ti’i Paulo, 1 Ben Franks.
Subs: 16 Daniel Perrin, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Chris Jack, 19 Thomas Waldrom, 20 Kahn Fotuali’i, 21 Tim Bateman, 22 Jared Payne.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Blue said:
Scarfman said:
And I couldn't help grabbing the Tahs at $3.40. I don't think that's necessarily good value, but thought why not.

You no longer da man.

Possibly not but I was in the same boat. Have taken the Bulls @ 1.50 into the Tahs 1-12 @5. Return of 7.50.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Tutu lauds Bulls move to Soweto
May 21, 2010 - 12:37PM

Archbishop Desmond Tutu says the decision by the Bulls to play their Super 14 rugby semi-final in Soweto is the "most important development in the sport since the Springboks won the World Cup in 1995."

Tutu, the anti-apartheid campaigner and Nobel Peace Prize winner, said yesterday all South Africans should applaud the move by the Pretoria-based Bulls to play Saturday's match in the famous township, which was home to more than one million people, mainly poor blacks.

"It is one of those special South African moments that proves we are better off for having one another, and that despite the challenges we face, our society is on the right track," Tutu said.

It's a landmark move by the Bulls, whose supporters are generally whites, to play in Soweto - the township synonymous with black resistance to apartheid.

It's the first major rugby match to be held in a township.

"Not too long ago," Tutu said, "Pretorians may have choked on their moustaches at the thought of kicking for posts at Orlando Stadium, Soweto.

"And the arrival of these giant Bulls from the north would have sent Sowetans ducking for cover.

"But this weekend Soweto will host the biggest rugby match ever held in a South African township."

The Bulls chose to play in Soweto after handing over their Loftus Versfeld stadium to football World Cup organisers last week.

South Africa's victory in the '95 Rugby World Cup was the first time the country's Springboks rugby team played with the support of black people as well as whites.

The Springboks were previously associated with racist apartheid rule and shunned by the black majority.

New president Nelson Mandela urged black people to get behind the team and wore a green and gold Springboks shirt at the tournament final in Johannesburg.

It's considered one of the country's most important acts of racial reconciliation.

Tutu said that even though he was a fan of Cape Town's Stormers, who play in the other semi-final, he would be a Bulls supporter on Saturday.

"Next weekend, when the Stormers will visit Soweto for the Super 14 final, is another story," Tutu said.

AP

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
the gambler said:
Blue said:
Scarfman said:

You no longer da man.

Possibly not but I was in the same boat. Have taken the Bulls @ 1.50 into the Tahs 1-12 @5. Return of 7.50.

I see your name and I understand how you could make such a bold decision :fishing

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Blue said:
the gambler said:
Blue said:
Scarfman said:

You no longer da man.

I see your name and I understand how you could make such a bold decision :fishing

Well in a way Im just hedging my bets as I backed the Stormers at the start of the season. While I also backed the Tahs I bailed out on them the week before the Highlanders game for a tidy profit. I 'layed' the Crusaders, Brumbies, Chiefs and Hurricanes so I am guarenteed to end in front no matter who wins, unless the Crusaders produce a miracle and win two more on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.