• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bulls vs Stormers - Well done Paarl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Farque.

Probably the most physical game all season.

If there were any doubt over the Stormers championship credentials this game has gone a long way to put that to rest.

Under the hammer for an hour or more in the Bullring. They lose their TH prop for 10 but keep the Bulls off their line.

A guy like Steenkamp who had to step in for Bekker was huge. The lineout lost nothing. Unlucky not to be the Bok backup at 5.

I thought Jebb Sinclair is getting better. He defends like a machine and is doing the job very well.

And Kolisi. What a player. How Meyer can not pick him at least in the 30 is beyond belief.

I have seen the future of the Bok front row and it's name is Frans Malherbe, Great to see he will be in an extended squad and the idea of the Bok scrum coach (de Villiers) working with him is very exciting.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Farque.

Probably the most physical game all season.

If there were any doubt over the Stormers championship credentials this game has gone a long way to put that to rest.

Under the hammer for an hour or more in the Bullring. They lose their TH prop for 10 but keep the Bulls off their line.

A guy like Steenkamp who had to step in for Bekker was huge. The lineout lost nothing. Unlucky not to be the Bok backup at 5.

I thought Jebb Sinclair is getting better. He defends like a machine and is doing the job very well.

And Kolisi. What a player. How Meyer can not pick him at least in the 30 is beyond belief.

I have seen the future of the Bok front row and it's name is Frans Malherbe, Great to see he will be in an extended squad and the idea of the Bok scrum coach (de Villiers) working with him is very exciting.

Test match like intensity from that game! Great effort from both teams. Kolisi was huge! He was everywhere in defence and constantly driving players back 4 or 5 meters in the collisions.

As for the Stormers lineouts...I think you might be forgetting how many they lost on their own throw! Kruger and Flip were having a field day on the Stormers ball. The problem with the Stormers lineout is that when Bekker's there, he literally calls every ball on himself. Outside of him, they use very few other options.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Test match like intensity from that game! Great effort from both teams. Kolisi was huge! He was everywhere in defence and constantly driving players back 4 or 5 meters in the collisions.

As for the Stormers lineouts...I think you might be forgetting how many they lost on their own throw! Kruger and Flip were having a field day on the Stormers ball. The problem with the Stormers lineout is that when Bekker's there, he literally calls every ball on himself. Outside of him, they use very few other options.

Yes I suppose you're right they got owned in the first half by improved.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thanks Blou. I'll be dead honest and thought we never would have won this one.

For once the Stormers used their possession pretty well and defend like demons. Habana show he is back to his best but this win surely we saw Kolisi on his best and playing like he did all year.

The Stormers opened a nice gap now with this double point win and altho I am disappointed not see more players in the Bok squad like JdJ, Kolisi and Aplon I think this little break will be welcome by the players.

Cant wait to see Schalk, Duanne and Bekker back for the final important stage of the marathon. Our biggest strength this year is our depth and the success of the Vodacom means denutants like Roux, Fenton-Wells and the others slot in with a lot of confidense.

Defese was just awesome to watch.

Good luck to the Brutes, pretty sure they wont stop fighting to stay in the top 6.

Sharks well they blew it yesterday and its really hurting to see their arrange of fancy loosies in that Bok team and the likes of Brussouw and Kolisi not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.