• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bulls vs Waratahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Biffo said:
PB, you a fully-fledged Bulls man now?
No way they are my enemie nr 1! Only joking, lets call them my biggest SA provincial rival, like your NSW vs Queensland.

That dont mean I hate them , only means I do respect them a lot. :thumb

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Gagger said:
If I was one for conspiracy theories, I'd also wonder if the reason why Matfield passed up 24 kicking points for Steyne was that he somehow knew he'd be getting plenty more opportunities, and that finding their way into the Tahs half wouldn't be a problem. But I'm not.

There is the fact that there was absolutely no pressure on their lineout as the Tahs decided not to contest - that is an open invitation to kick for the line at will. Secure lineout ball led to well set up mauls which led to more penalties or tries.

P

PhucNgo

Without wishing to breach the forum etiquette on ref trashing and dropping things into the wrong thread, can anyone explain to me how Jonker rationalised the Bulls rolling maul, where on a number of occasions the guy at the back (carrying the ball) was seen to move the ball from one arm to the other.

Unless I'm missing something (quite possible) is it not physically impossible to do this without disengaging from the maul.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
PhucNgo said:
Without wishing to breach the forum etiquette on ref trashing and dropping things into the wrong thread, can anyone explain to me how Jonker rationalised the Bulls rolling maul, where on a number of occasions the guy at the back (carrying the ball) was seen to move the ball from one arm to the other.

Unless I'm missing something (quite possible) is it not physically impossible to do this without disengaging from the maul.

While they are discussing that can someone explain why the refs let the guy at the back lift his head up to look at the defence or have his whole body disengaged with just his forearm resting on the blokes in front while the maul moves forward?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gagger said:
Cultural sensitivity lessons from a South African aside, in the heat of the battle (watching footy on the sofa):

They both have dark hair
They are both short
They are both South African
They are both robbing any Aussie team they ref

Easily confused.

Tahs fans getting precious over losing a match they were outplayed in? ;) :fishing

I watched the game and didn't think Jonker was particularly good for either side. Take your frustration out on Hickey, as if Jonker really did have a shocker only against the Tahs I think the scoreline could've been a lot worse.

Scotty

David Codey (61)

Mealamu did this against the Reds as well. It shits me.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Scotty said:

Me, too. I have therefore had the shits often and for a long time.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Biffo said:
Scotty said:

Truck and trailer. Vs england this happens quite a lot.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
DPK said:
Biffo said:
Scotty said:

Truck and trailer. Vs england this happens quite a lot.
Think you lot still living with the ELVs?

Pretty easy to combat, drive them back meaning less fatties in the backline.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Gagger said:
Cultural sensitivity lessons from a South African aside, in the heat of the battle (watching footy on the sofa):
They are both robbing any Aussie team they ref

Easily confused.

Conspiracy theories from an Australian.

Or is that victim mentality?

I tend to the confuse the two.

Really guys, get over this SA refs are against us thing.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Did the Reds not do the same against the crusaders?? The first time the Crusaders got away with it because the Reds kept on holding back so there was in fact no obstruction. The second time someone bothered to touch the front of the maul and a penalty was given.

Status
Not open for further replies.