• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cape Town 7's: 10 & 11 December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
England joins the rest of Britain in the Quarters. A valiant draw by the Canucks has left a mathematical chance of them overtaking New Zealand, while Argentina joins Samoa and Uganda in the bottom half of the draw.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
We threw the game against the Yanks away in the first half, we had virtually all the ball and managed not to score. Plus we just handed the ball to Baker and watched in admiration as he scorched the turf.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Trophy QF:

Australia v Uganda
Argentina v Japan
Samoa v Russia
France v Canada

Cup QF:

South Afica v Wales
New Zealand v Kenya
Scotland v USA
Fiji v England

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Day 1 highlights:

I must admit to giving up on our blokes after the draw with Canada, didn't bother waiting up for the (I thought) inevitable pantsing by Ringinland, imagine my surprise waking up to find we'd beaten them.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
HT in Trophy QF1 Straya 21-7 Uganda who are making too many basic errors e.g. knocking on a restart & missing too many first-up tackles. Henry Hutchison looks to have bulked up a little but hasn't lost any pace, smoked the D for his try.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FT Argentina 33-12 Japan who were less rubbish in the 2nd half than the 1st but still mostly rubbish. If Argentina ever get a favourable Pool & a little luck, they're gunna hurt some people.

Speaking of hurting people, Samoa v Russia now on.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ 28-7 Kenya but fuck me we've got no pace out wide, Sethfricka will burn us in the SF unless their inside-ball D falls apart. Which it probably won't.

Mustafa

Chris McKivat (8)

@CapeTown7s Day 2: Challenge Trophy semi final @Aussie7s v ARG - 11.41pm (aedt) #Aussie7s
1f1e6-1f1fa.png
#CapeTown7s
1f3c9.png
Watch LIVE on @FOXSportsAUS Ch502

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Got away with one in our game, albeit with a few forward passes missed by the ref I'll take it.

Think the Fiji v USA 5th place semi will be rather lethargic given both ended up in extra time.

Status
Not open for further replies.