• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Carlton Draught sign with Waratahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Carlton Draught joins HSBC Waratahs

Two successful and historic brand names have come together with Carlton Draught inking a new sponsorship deal with the HSBC Waratahs.

As the HSBC Waratahs enter a new era with the expansion of Super Rugby in 2011, Australia’s largest brewer has joined forces with Australia’s oldest rugby province in a partnership which will last through 2013.

HSBC Waratahs CEO Jason Allen says the link with Carlton Draught is a fantastic fit and in line with brand associations both brands are after.

“Carlton Draught has been one of Australia’s premier sporting sponsors for decades, supporting properties across AFL and horse racing and we welcome them with open arms as a new partner of the HSBC Waratahs,” said Mr Allen.

“Carlton Draught is the number one tap beer in the country loved by millions of Australian drinkers and the HSBC Waratahs are Australia’s leading provincial rugby team so it’s only fitting that we’re now working together to achieve mutual success both on and off the rugby field.”

The most visible element of the sponsorship positions Carlton Draught as the new official beer of the HSBC Waratahs. There will also be a strong brand presence in the popular pre- and post-match venue ‘Tah Bar’, as well as a rebranded ‘Carlton Draught Bar’ at the northern end of the Sydney Football Stadium (SFS). This will ensure supporters are able to enjoy Australia’s freshest and best draught beer whilst supporting the HSBC Waratahs.

In addition to pourage rights at the SFS, Carlton Draught will be the official beer to all HSBC Waratahs events and corporate hospitality over the next three years.

Carlton Draught will be an official supplier to Waratahs HQ venues which will expand in 2011 to not only include a range of venues within Sydney, but will now extend to regional areas of the state.

David Stingl, CUB’s General Manager NSW/ACT, stated: “we’re thrilled to come on board, particularly in such an exciting year for the game and we’re working together on a number of ideas to roll out together this season and over the term of our three-year agreement.

“We’re planning to have high involvement on match day and do as much as we can to support the HSBC Waratahs and their fans.”

In addition to their sponsorship of the HSBC Waratahs, CUB has also announced that Carlton Draught will support club rugby as official beer of the Shute Shield and Sydney Premier Rugby.

“We think it’s important to not only support the highest level of the sport, but also the pathway through to elite rugby and our association with the Shute Shield will certainly provide that,” added Mr. Stingl.

Draught is a step up from VB imho, not a big step, but certainly an improvement. What would be ideal is if Carlton take over management of the bars and put in staff with a clue.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Unfortunately once they add water to it, it all tastes like piss.
Now if we could get James Squire to sponsor them...

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Reading this I thought "why can't we get cans back". Obviously because I'll throw a can at pakalani for bombing a try. But what if you can pull the whole top off a can, like with a can of tuna/peas/coconut milk? Open vessel, quick service, problem solved. I've emailed fosters about it. I urge you to as well. Fosters.com.au and go to contact us. Please, for the love of the bar Q

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Cans would be great, if they're really worried about them being thrown, then open them.

Bluetongue would be a great sponsor, NSW based and a tasty beer to boot

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Having worked for one of the two major Australian brewing groups in a past life I can tell you the mainstream beers produced by both of them are catspiss, they're all brewed down to a price. But the thing which really annoys me is going with CUB, if the NSWRU are going to be sponsored by a producer of catspiss at least make it a NSW catspiss brewer: Carlton is a suburb of Melbourne, Foster's is a Victorian outfit. And while I'm on the topic of corporate sponsorship the NSWRU's wine sponsor is Constellation Wines, a Septic outfit whose Australian branch is based in South Australia! There are plenty of outstanding wineries in NSW who'd love to be involved with the Tahs.

Get your act together, NSWRU, not good enough.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
whati dont understand is, when the line is long and your selling 95% beer, you have someone serving and someone pouring, why doesnt he person pouring not continue to do so but instead wait for the order before seperating glasses, pouring the beers and putting them in trays. even the food people know to cup the f'n chips before people get there to save time.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
whati dont understand is, when the line is long and your selling 95% beer, you have someone serving and someone pouring, why doesnt he person pouring not continue to do so but instead wait for the order before seperating glasses, pouring the beers and putting them in trays. even the food people know to cup the f'n chips before people get there to save time.
am I able to agree with this more than once?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I went to a wrestling event in San Diego ten years ago and they had people walking round with backpacks like an irrigation one pest control people used, you payed five dollars for a cup that was about a pint and a half, then went to your seat, the backpack people would walk around and fill cups up at five a pop, it was fantastic and I've never seen it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.