• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
This weekend? Honestly, I dunno.

The easy one to pick should be Trinity and Aloys. SAC has been hammered twice, while Trinity beat Cranbrook. But Aloys tends to fire up for Trinity, seeing it as a game they can win. I still think Trinity wins, but it could be close.

Knox and Waverley decides the title, I think. On form you’d say Knox. But Waverley seems to be peaking at the right time. If I had to pick a winner I’d say Knox but a Waverley win would not be a shock.

I defy anyone to pick Cranbrook v Barker with confidence. Which Cranbrook shows up? The side that pushed Waverley or the one that let Trinity run up a 21-0 lead? A dropped ball or missed tackle could make the difference and I can’t guess who might do that. I will say that Cranbrook can’t win if they let the Barker’s forwards make the yards up the middle that Trinity managed.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Plus this: Cranbrook needs to be more ambitious with the possession it wins. They seem quite happy to win a lot of ball and rumble through phases, without going anywhere much. It may feel like "dominating", but it doesn't hurt their opponents on the scoreboard.

JohnnyOhns

Stan Wickham (3)
Recent news regarding Cranbrook for game vs Barker, Kaleb Ah-colt is out injured. With Cranbrook bringing up a 3's prop to fill his spot I've heard from parents, which defies logic. But fair play to the kid hopefully he does well.

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Barker main weakness is they’re lack of players with big game experience, only Van Wky played in their win against knox last year. They had an uncharacteristic loss to waverly with a really poor second half, I trust that they’ll rectify that. They’ll be a lot of pressure on the team as it’s a must win but a great opportunity for players to stand up and get a win that builds momentum as there’s still a chance for Barker to win albeit tied with waves and knox

CAS Fanatic

Peter Burge (5)
Recent news regarding Cranbrook for game vs Barker, Kaleb Ah-colt is out injured. With Cranbrook bringing up a 3's prop to fill his spot I've heard from parents, which defies logic. But fair play to the kid hopefully he does well.
I'm sure the bringing up of a 3rds prop straight into the starting line up is false news, however, should be a great game, Cranbrook coming off a good win against Oakhill in the holidays should give them some confidence, but as Snort said it depends which Cranbrook shows up.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
An interesting round of games. One in which the winner could be determined.

Barker hosts Cranbrook. Barker should win, but I think Cranbrook will run it close. Cranbrook have disappointed a little, though they did very well against Waverley and the loss there probably led partially to the result against Trinity the week later. I would expect an open game with quite a few tries. Barker at home and they are probably a more complete side, but if the promise of Cranbrook finally arrives who knows.

Trinity hosts Aloys. Trinity at home, but it may be closer than anticipated. I think it will be a good game to watch as both sides will take chances and throw the ball around.

In the game of the round Waverley hosts Knox. Waverley at home is always tough and the Waverley side looks to be at full strength and the side that was predicted at the beginning of the season. Knox look good on the table and seem a balanced side. Pace and skill and probably one of the best back rows in Schoolboy Rugby. I think what both sides did during the break might be important and the Death Valley hoodoo is always there. But it will be a great game.

Waverly are probably favourites for the comp. My logic is that after this round they play noticeably weaker sides. Whereas Knox play the stronger sides. Waverley can lose tomorrow and will still be possibly joint premiers. It probably won't happen, but conceivably Knox could lose the next three games.

But in all it should be a good round. And on good grounds as well as any rain today will be minimal.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
This weekend? Honestly, I dunno.

The easy one to pick should be Trinity and Aloys. SAC has been hammered twice, while Trinity beat Cranbrook. But Aloys tends to fire up for Trinity, seeing it as a game they can win. I still think Trinity wins, but it could be close.

Knox and Waverley decides the title, I think. On form you’d say Knox. But Waverley seems to be peaking at the right time. If I had to pick a winner I’d say Knox but a Waverley win would not be a shock.

I defy anyone to pick Cranbrook v Barker with confidence. Which Cranbrook shows up? The side that pushed Waverley or the one that let Trinity run up a 21-0 lead? A dropped ball or missed tackle could make the difference and I can’t guess who might do that. I will say that Cranbrook can’t win if they let the Barker’s forwards make the yards up the middle that Trinity managed.
Hello Snort, Here is my unbiased view ;)

Trinity by 21+ especially at home, they are on a high from their win over Cranbrook and definitely have a number of very good players in their team, this will also keep the comp aspirations alive, so expect a rousing performance from the men in Green Jerseys.

Barker should win by 12+ at home, Cranbrook have very unfortunately lost their 2 best forwards, Girle (definitely) and Ah Colt (I believe) , so I can't see them coping with the Barker pack. Barker are also still well in this comp, if things go their way, it could be a last game extravaganza at Knox to decide the Champion/s. They have plenty to play for, and I am sure their coach and the team itself will be well aware and motivated.

Having said all of that, all these maybes will be put to bed when they Waves thump Knox tomorrow ( just luv saying that- eh Homer, and Blue & Black)).
An enormous crowd is expected from both schools and old boys, parents and just people who luv seeing school boy rugby.
The Randwick Colts Waves old boys, and there are plenty, will also be there on the far sideline away from the school fraternity, and teachers (wisely).
Good luck to Knox if they have a line out over the Old Boys side!

Bound to be great schoolboy game, Knox are understandably favourites, but the Waves are at full strength, peeking at the right time, and playing where we are most comfortable. Death Valley awaits!

Waves by 19.

P.S. Ziggy will luv this synopsis.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)

Trinity by 21+ especially at home, they are on a high from their win over Cranbrook and definitely have a number of very good players in their team, this will also keep the comp aspirations alive, so expect a rousing performance from the men in Green Jerseys.

Barker should win by 12+ at home, Cranbrook have very unfortunately lost their 2 best forwards, Girle (definitely) and Ah Colt (I believe) , so I can't see them coping with the Barker pack. Barker are also still well in this comp, if things go their way, it could be a last game extravaganza at Knox to decide the Champion/s. They have plenty to play for, and I am sure their coach and the team itself will be well aware and motivated.

Having said all of that, all these maybes will be put to bed when they Waves thump Knox tomorrow ( just luv saying that- eh Homer, and Blue & Black)).
An enormous crowd is expected from both schools and old boys, parents and just people who luv seeing school boy rugby.
The Randwick Colts Waves old boys, and there are plenty, will also be there on the far sideline away from the school fraternity, and teachers (wisely).

Bound to be great schoolboy game, Knox are understandably favourites, but the Waves are at full strength, peeking at the right time, and playing where we are most comfortable. Death Valley awaits!

Waves by 19.

Only 19?

Knox_to_win

Stan Wickham (3)
Waverley won’t even be in the game.
Knox will continue to be their dominant force.
Expect the Knox scrum to roll over the Waverley scrum first scrum of the game to set the trend.

BlackBlue

Stan Wickham (3)

Waves by 19.

Waves by 19.

..love the chat. My biased view is Knox for the win but not by much. Death Valley is an unwelcoming park but the Knox forward pack will dominate.Agree with Elfster, the back row is very strong with Ryan a standout. Sad that we only have 3 rounds to go.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes Snort, pretty sure I said 19 :p

Ok give us some more opinion based on my comments and many others.

Get off the fence.

I drew quite a response, it all went to plan.
Nah, still on the fence!

If I really, really had to choose, I'd say Knox, based on some pretty serious power in the forwards. But, as I say, a Waverley win would not shock me. Not by 19 though!

Ella Magic

Frank Row (1)
Knox better across the park by far. Hence more selections in rep teams.

Expecting a massive Knox scrum to take out the Waverley pack led by two of the best props in Australia. Followed by the wingers scoring at ease with their pace down the edges.

Knox to win by 20+
Clearly a G up. Will be a classic Waves Knox battle