• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

baked beans

Stan Wickham (3)
When will CAS go back to the 10 round comp?
Personally i don't think that we will ever go back to a ten round competition as there are some bummy schools like Trinity and Aloys who bring nothing but 50-0 defeats year after year. It will also heavily impact some of the extraordinary talent like the late great Ollie Aboud that need to play against GPS schools to make sure that he is holding himself to the highest standard.

Footylegend2

Frank Row (1)
Big news out of Knox camp, Tye Jecks(10) has broken his right leg and will be out for the season, big loss as there is little depth in the number 10 jersey

scrumhead99

Sydney Middleton (9)
Completely disagree, I thought all things considered, the CAS rugby competition was flooded by poor calls from the referee's and overly exuberant whistle blowing. Furthermore talent wise it was quite ordinary, due to alot of these league players prioritising Harold Matthews/SG ball competitions.

Nick.
That is one way to look at it. I view the 2023 CAS season as a very competitive season, whilst there may have been some debatable calls, this is what schoolboy rugby is about! Furthermore, I disagree with your statement about talent, there are some very talented players in the CAS and some may play league in the off-season, but league wasn't prioritised during the winter season.

Bob Randell footy

Frank Row (1)
Talking about u16, Although Waverley didn't do well at all in the 16s. firstly there was a lot of individual talent but more than that, there were a bunch of injuries which didn't help.

Well said by @Famed_Star, u16's does tell a story but not the full one. I believe it will be between Waverley and Knox again this year. Very tight this year
When you say "individual talent" are you referring to Callum Bushbrady outstanding game against Trinity for the 16As. Think he will have a even greater year this year. Heard he has been training hard. Although he has been coming late to training.... ego might be getting the best of him.

Cheers all, Bob Randell out.

Geoff Webster

Frank Row (1)
Jake Hanley may be a Smokey for Barker 1st XV’s back row this year after an epic performance down in the states capital on Saturday. After all he’s got some big shoes to fill taking after his brother Matt who only graduated from the school last year. MATT KNEW HOW TO TACKLE! Let’s hope Jake has been passed those genes down.

baked beans

Stan Wickham (3)
Has any squads come out for the Kinross Tour that Cranbrook and Waverley are going to?
Waverley College touring squad looks like, expecting the waves to have some big wins as ollie aboud is going to kinross so should carry the team on his back as usual

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-03-17 at 10.34.56 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-17 at 10.34.56 pm.png
    736.3 KB · Views: 307