• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

Mule

Banned
The barker 16 A's have a very promising squad, with a skilful and heavy forward pack However their back line is generational, with many young talents who are strong with the ball. They have no doubt in their fitness or ability to make 1 on 1 tackles. Many are saying CAS winner of the 2024 16's season.
Considering their 4 strongest players are up in Opens I’m sensing their only win may be against St Aloys….

The barker 16 A's have a very promising squad, with a skilful and heavy forward pack However their back line is generational, with many young talents who are strong with the ball. They have no doubt in their fitness or ability to make 1 on 1 tackles. Many are saying CAS winner of the 2024 16's season.
They must have gone scouting. They were terrible last year.

Homer

Larry Dwyer (12)
Knox has postponed their Gala day due to the weather prediction. Games against Joeys going ahead at this stage, although I expect they will try to protect the fields this early in the season.

Mule

Banned
IMG_1474.jpeg
Gillespie field at Knox looking mint…. New drainage installed over summer doing its job ️

Sorry albert, but i think your some delusional 16 year old, wasting your time on this forum
Hey SaladsDontWinScrums, I feel your behavior lacks consideration, veering into rudeness, disregarding social norms and the feelings of others. This is a serious forum and what you are saying is completely disrespectful. PLEASE KEEP THIS FORUM FRIENDLY.

Mule

Banned
Right i think we are getting off track about what matters, School boy rugby. In the end who cares how old you are and what team you support and whether the Barker 16 A's are generational. Rugby brings us closer so does this forum.
hear hear!

everything crossed that all/most games go ahead this weekend!

Ziggy

Herbert Moran (7)
Based on what I saw last week, Kings will do it at a canter.

Waverley much weaker than last year and only had a lucky couple of wins (Cranbrook, Knox).

kings have some young players but they quick and capable.
Waverley 26 - Knox 14

Very lucky!

:D:):cool:

Reactions: 777
Remind me last time Cranbrook won the CAS title???

Hey mate, cheers for asking such an interesting question. Looking at the records, Cranbrook school, which is an independent Anglican single-sex male early learning, primary and secondary day and boarding school, with two campuses located in Bellevue Hill and Rose Bay, both eastern suburbs of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. The school was founded in 1918 with the Rev'd Frederick Thomas Perkins as the first headmaster. Cranbrook has a non-selective enrolment policy and currently caters for approximately 1,680 students from early learning (4 years old) to Year 12 (18 years old), including 97 boarders from Years 7 to 12. The school is currently single-sex, but plans to be fully co-educational by 2029, with the first enrollment of female students planned for 2026 Cranbrook is affiliated with the International Boys' Schools Coalition (IBSC),[2] the Association of Heads of Independent Schools of Australia (AHISA), the Junior School Heads Association of Australia (JSHAA), the Australian Boarding Schools' Association (ABSA), and the Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference. It is a founding member of the Combined Associated Schools (CAS), won the CAS Henry Plume shield in 2014.

If you are interested in any other cool facts please do not hesitate to ask!
Have a wonderful Thursday afternoon:)

iloverugbyleague OUT!!

Hey mate, cheers for asking such an interesting question. Looking at the records, Cranbrook school, which is an independent Anglican single-sex male early learning, primary and secondary day and boarding school, with two campuses located in Bellevue Hill and Rose Bay, both eastern suburbs of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. The school was founded in 1918 with the Rev'd Frederick Thomas Perkins as the first headmaster. Cranbrook has a non-selective enrolment policy and currently caters for approximately 1,680 students from early learning (4 years old) to Year 12 (18 years old), including 97 boarders from Years 7 to 12. The school is currently single-sex, but plans to be fully co-educational by 2029, with the first enrollment of female students planned for 2026 Cranbrook is affiliated with the International Boys' Schools Coalition (IBSC),[2] the Association of Heads of Independent Schools of Australia (AHISA), the Junior School Heads Association of Australia (JSHAA), the Australian Boarding Schools' Association (ABSA), and the Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference. It is a founding member of the Combined Associated Schools (CAS), won the CAS Henry Plume shield in 2014.

If you are interested in any other cool facts please do not hesitate to ask!
Have a wonderful Thursday afternoon:)

iloverugbyleague OUT!!
this is copy and pasted, stop taking the mick as this is a serious forum about CAS schoolboy rugby

Mule

Banned
Here is the Knox 16 a team list for this week who will be taking on St Joseph's college, captained by Adam Middlewick. To be frank, I feel Joey's will run straight over the top of them however if Knox play well they could put up a fight. What are your thoughts gents

Here is the Knox 16 a team list for this week who will be taking on St Joseph's college, captained by Adam Middlewick. To be frank, I feel Joey's will run straight over the top of them however if Knox play well they could put up a fight. What are your thoughts gents?
Think Knox might have the edge in the forwards (like they did last year, and Knox been bolstered by a couple of boys repeating u16s), which could be more advantageous in the wet…. Joeys backs were the big difference last year but a lot of personnel changes this year

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Three big match ups this weekend. Waverly v Kings at Kings. last time I watched Waves at Kings, Waverly dismantled Kings right across the park. Never right off the Double Vee.
Knox v Joeys at Wahroonga will also be a treat. Knox are favourites for this years Plume Sheild, but Joeys should never be underestimated. I think Knox at home should win by 5.
Last interesting match up is Barker v Riverview at Lane Cove. View are Barkers bogey team. Playing away will be tough. But the recent tour of Churchie and Nudgee shows that this team can play well away. My heart says Barker but my head say View by scoreing in the final minute to take the lead.