• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

2 + 2

Allen Oxlade (6)
I don't know why you think this age group is week when the 2022 u14 Gen blue team (This group) won last year against the U15 Gen blue teams in the next gen cup and put a big score on Brisbane when Sydney vsed Brisbane last year. IMO it's a talented group.
last years Brisbane team wasn't the best team. They had 75% of the original Brisbane team unavailable to play.

Mule

Banned
Ohhh yes I agree with that to an extent, the only particularly strong teams are Waverley and Knox, the rest are quite weak compared to the GPS and ISA.
the CAS teams (& players) that will be U16s 2024/Opens 2025-6 have been up and down in their first 3 years of senior school rugby..... eg Waverley 14As lost by 50 to Knox in 2022, but then Waverley 15As (just) won in 2023..... I strongly feel coaching is even more materially influential in the younger years vs older years...

LuckOfTheIrish101

Stan Wickham (3)
I have a source that informs me that Hugo Kulcsar (16a 2022) will return to Waverley college in 2024 for year 12 (after initially leaving school to indulge in an apprenticeship) as they are in need for an inside centre. Kulscar also played in the winning u18 wicks state cup side coached by Morgan Turinui. thoughts????

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I have a source that informs me that Hugo Kulcsar (16a 2022) will return to Waverley college in 2024 for year 12 (after initially leaving school to indulge in an apprenticeship) as they are in need for an inside centre. Kulscar also played in the winning u18 wicks state cup side coached by Morgan Turinui. thoughts????
Not good, we have a massive shortage of Tradies already.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Both centres are returning from 2023.. plus the best centre from the seconds (McKenna) and 16a’s… so if true they will be overloaded with centres.

Milly Maroje

Frank Nicholson (4)
I have been watching some of the 16as this year for aloys and a very promising up and comer named gabe roberts I think will give aloys the edge this year over the rest of the comp.

Footybloke19

Frank Row (1)
I have been watching some of the 16as this year for aloys and a very promising up and comer named gabe roberts I think will give aloys the edge this year over the rest of the comp.
I've never heard of Gabe before, is he new? But I doubt one player will make such a difference for a struggling team.

Milly Maroje

Frank Nicholson (4)
I've never heard of Gabe before, is he new? But I doubt one player will make such a difference for a struggling team.
Gabe Roberts, yes he is new absolutely phenomenal player, combined with some more unknown talents such as Oliver Senior, I really think Aloys will be a team to which out for this year.

Milly Maroje

Frank Nicholson (4)
Interesting, ive heard the name what position does he play? My grandson (from dubbo) is in the 16A team he is useless and I never actually go to watch him. Just a good look for the missus aye.
Flanker or number 8 an absolute working dog and a team player any coach would edge to have him on his team.

Jobe Kelm

Banned
Flanker or number 8 an absolute working dog and a team player any coach would edge to have him on his team.
I like the sound of that, edge? is he an edge forward because under a well designed formation edging is where you find those break away tries. Anyway ill look out for the name.