• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

loudnproudscotsdaddy

Stan Wickham (3)
To summarise the pre-season. Obviously in the main season everyone plays each other once.

Aloysius - Syd Grammar, Riverview, Kinross, St.PiusX (A), St.Gregorys
Barker - Riverview (A), Kinross, St.Gregorys (A), St.Stanislaus, St.Pats
Cranbrook - St.PiusX (A), St.Pats, St.Augustines, Kinross (A), St.Stanislaus
Knox - Joeys, Shore (A), St.Pats, Oakhill (A), St.Augustines
Trinity - St.Pats (A), St.PiusX, Oakhill (A), St.Gregorys (A), Kinross
Waverley - Newington (A), Riverview, St.Stanislaus, St.Augustines (A), Oakhill (A)

Are any teams touring over the holidays?
piss weak trial teams for Barker, embarrassing considering their orchestral talent.

CAS_Rugby

Bob McCowan (2)
piss weak trial teams for Barker, embarrassing considering their orchestral talent.
Other schools don’t really want to play them. They only match up well in their firsts musically gifted team. Otherwise they don’t match well for bigger schools and none of their a’s play anyone else’s a’s.

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)
Starting Gen Blue u18 team v Qld
1708430302987.png

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
To
Shit comment. Arrogant GPS supporter.
Touchy. Truth hurts, I guess. Whilst you sledge the “musically gifted” Barker team, contemplate just how heavily curated the Knox team is. Given you seem to support them, be careful what glass houses you chuck pebbles in.

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
A strong contingent there from St Augustines. Imagine how strong they would have been if Harrison, Poynton and Walsh were all in the same team.
Congratulations on all getting selected. There are a few bolters in the mix and in the reserves. There are 5/6 names I haven't heard off before, best of luck to all.

Patrick Murphy

Frank Row (1)
Will Aloys scrape more than one win at all this season, including trial matches? The Rugby program has taken significant leaps forward, and the Rugby Tour of the UK and France was supposedly successful. They had a victory last season in the Ross Fagan Shield.

CAS_Rugby

Bob McCowan (2)
Watched the u18’s game. Will say that Harrison Dene is a defensive target. I can’t wait for Knoxy to target him when they play Barker.

Poynton offers great speed in attack, but he had a 2 v 1 and should have chosen a different option. His D continues to be area Knoxy can target.

Waratah scrum being belted, but I have no idea why so can’t comment on the two Barker props. The Queensland 3 looks to just be a freak of nature no one can go against.

Not sure if Kahu Capper has been selected in the right spot, that run he made through the Queensland team, should be playing 15.

There are some CAS boys who should be there I will say. Not sure how Luca Cleverly is there over the likes of Turner and Aboud who would both look right at home in the backrow here. Not sure why the shore kid has such big wraps either..

And a couple of Knoxy backs with genuine pace would be a huge difference.

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Watched the u18’s game. Will say that Harrison Dene is a defensive target. I can’t wait for Knoxy to target him when they play Barker.

Poynton offers great speed in attack, but he had a 2 v 1 and should have chosen a different option. His D continues to be area Knoxy can target.

Waratah scrum being belted, but I have no idea why so can’t comment on the two Barker props. The Queensland 3 looks to just be a freak of nature no one can go against.

Not sure if Kahu Capper has been selected in the right spot, that run he made through the Queensland team, should be playing 15.

There are some CAS boys who should be there I will say. Not sure how Luca Cleverly is there over the likes of Turner and Aboud who would both look right at home in the backrow here. Not sure why the shore kid has such big wraps either..

And a couple of Knoxy backs with genuine pace would be a huge difference.
Might help if the ref hadn't penalised the Tah's to an inch from their scrotes. They dominated breakdown and thought we were loose there but heavily off the back of the ref. Tahs looked better in open play but too mnay turnovers.
You're not a Know fan by any chance ...?

baked beans

Stan Wickham (3)
Waverley college looking like they will be the powerhouse of the competition this year as the future wallaby ollie aboud leads them onto the pitch will also be of great help having james nestor at tight head prop the big fella loves to scrummage some of them consider him a young will Goddard and the backline will be lead by a dangerous TUA PATEA who plays like a young richie mounga with his fast feet and his ability to spot front rowers out of place on the edge and just cruisers past them with his extraordinary pace.
BB out