• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
This year's competition looks to be off to a promising start with at least four 16As teams appearing competitive after round one where we saw Barker in a high scoring win over Trinity, Waves in a nail biter over Aloys and Knox in a solid win over Brook. Add your predictions, prognostications, tips and observations about the CAS U16s comp and players here.

FrontRowSymetry

Frank Row (1)
Predicting a massive game for Barker Vs Knox U16A game, with whoever coming out on top sure to be contenders for the premiership, along with Waverly.

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
I will get things kicked of with a CAS 16's.

1. Frear (K)
2. ?
3. Bullen (B)
4. Brown (B)
5. Morreti (W)
6. Reimer (B)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Murphey (W)
9. Tjeck (B)
10. Ilias (T)/Westbury (A)
11. Hollingworth-Dessent (T)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Basheer (B)
15. Kitchener (B)

Pretty handy team. Might be being a little bias to Barker, although they haven't been great the last 3 years i believe if they have a full strength 16's side they would beat any other team by a reasonable amount. Another one to consider would be Trinitys halfback Cooper Chambers but with Tjeck there not so sure where we would fit him into the starting team? Anyone know a solid hooker? Only position i am having a bit of trouble here with

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Knox hooker Kennedy is playing up, but rock solid having done so from Yr7 and playing in a state champs winning Gordon rep side last few years and Sydney u14s last year. Had one of the better forward performances against Joeys last week.

trinityforthewin

Frank Row (1)
glad to see that Barker is up to their usual antics, attempting to throw knox off their game this weekend with a facebook event. I'm sure their headmaster would be proud.

jeff thomson

Herbert Moran (7)
Andrew Glastras from Cranbrook is another option at prop. was the standout for Cranbrook on the weekend or so i was told and played up last year in the 16's.

CAS_RumourMill

Bob McCowan (2)
OK just so that I can lay a few groundworks before we go any further.

1. Sean Kennedy (Knox) is playing 16's so he MUST play at hooker in a 16's side.

2. The Knox 16A's are a fantastic side. There is no doubting that. They are currently unbackable in the way they destroyed Cranbrook. They should continue this throughout the season. Sure, their execution isn't there but if everyone takes a chill pill and looks a their game we see that observations such as "they should have won by more" and "they should work on their execution" is exactly the point. This is a year of formation for them. Judge them for this at the end of the season, not the beginning.

3. There is a certain 1st XV player in the 16A's back line that is being wasted there. The weakness on the fringes is fixable if you have genuine passion and ability. Even if it is a last 15 minutes for him, this player NEEDS game time. Particularly as he is incredibly self aware and is working solidly on his defensive play.

4. In saying all of this, the Knox 16A's MUST learn to play simple rugby. The amount of passes that are pushed and the unnecessary moves is contributing to their execution issues. Taking the tackle and building pressure and patience is their big issue!

CAS Rumour Mill will not report on the 16's very often unless there is a major development.

bigboy

Stan Wickham (3)
I will get things kicked of with a CAS 16's.

1. Frear (K)
2. ?
3. Bullen (B)
4. Brown (B)
5. Morreti (W)
6. Reimer (B)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Murphey (W)
9. Tjeck (B)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Basheer (B)
15. Kitchener (B)

Pretty handy team. Might be being a little bias to Barker, although they haven't been great the last 3 years i believe if they have a full strength 16's side they would beat any other team by a reasonable amount. Another one to consider would be Trinitys halfback Cooper Chambers but with Tjeck there not so sure where we would fit him into the starting team? Anyone know a solid hooker? Only position i am having a bit of trouble here with

I would suggest Bill Biviano (A) for hooker, having played Gordon and Syd reps alongside other quality GPS, ISA and CAS players.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Bill did not play for Sydney. He made Gordon reps last year on the bench but did not get much game time behind preferred Hooker Bremner and tight head/hooker Heaven.

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
Biviano has to be in the squad i would have thought , based on last years form. Also the prop from CRanbrook was impressive on the weekend against KNox.

quote="RugbyHd, post: 840612, member: 36851"]I will get things kicked of with a CAS 16's.

1. Frear (K)
2. ?
3. Bullen (B)
4. Brown (B)
5. Morreti (W)
6. Reimer (B)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Murphey (W)
9. Tjeck (B)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Basheer (B)
15. Kitchener (B)

Pretty handy team. Might be being a little bias to Barker, although they haven't been great the last 3 years i believe if they have a full strength 16's side they would beat any other team by a reasonable amount. Another one to consider would be Trinitys halfback Cooper Chambers but with Tjeck there not so sure where we would fit him into the starting team? Anyone know a solid hooker? Only position i am having a bit of trouble here with[/quote]

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
glad to see that Barker is up to their usual antics, attempting to throw knox off their game this weekend with a facebook event. I'm sure their headmaster would be proud.

Barker u16 v Knox without tejack and Luke R, seriously can't see how they can challenge the Knox lads. Let's see , funnier things have happened

Runawayprop

Frank Nicholson (4)
Gee - need to be careful predicting Knox will have a walkover Barker. Knox should win it in the forwards based on the dominant display against Cranbrook - but it ain't going to be easy!

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
@JT, I too like the look of Glastras around the paddock, but unless Cranbrook start contesting scrums, I can't see how the selectors can pick him unless he is well known to them all from 2015. No.1 KPI for every THP is anchoring the scrum, and the GPS U16s scrum will be very strong. IMO, anyone wanting a front row spot in CAS U16s needs to demonstrate strong scrummaging ability in addition to work rate round the park.

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
Ok. Revised team with with a couple of changes

1. Frear (K)
2. Biviano (A)
3. Glastras (C)
4. Brown (B)
5. Morreti (W)
6. Reimer (B)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Morreti (W)
9. Tjeck (B)
10. Ilias (T)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Basheer (B)
15. Kitchener (B)

Other players for consideration

Cooper Chambers (T) Harry Whiteman (W) Fletcher Watson (K) James Westbury (A)

trinityforthewin

Frank Row (1)
Don't underestimate the barker boys, they didn't have Luke R and David Last year against Knox and they lost by one point. They played very well against Trinity and are looking menacing.

We did not play our best footy on saturday and come round 2 against barker the game will be much different. From what i have heard knox has gained a few boys playing 16's last year so keep that in mind

dootzdistributor

Bob McCowan (2)
H
Ok. Revised team with with a couple of changes

1. Frear (K)
2. Biviano (A)
3. Glastras (C)
4. Brown (B)
5. Morreti (W)
6. Reimer (B)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Morreti (W)
9. Tjeck (B)
10. Ilias (T)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Basheer (B)
15. Kitchener (B)

Other players for consideration

Cooper Chambers (T) Harry Whiteman (W) Fletcher Watson (K) James Westbury (A)

How does that work, Knox were the top team last year yet they have two players in the team...

Status
Not open for further replies.