• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CEO - Waratahs Rugby, get your resume in......

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Job being advertised in the SMH today (page 4). It appears Tah rugby has gone through a bit of a restructure.

So who's going to put their hat in the ring, first item on the agenda - get rid of Tah Man.....

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No, Tah Man is pretty innocuous.
Don't piss promising front row forwards off; don't sign any more useless marquee players who couldn't start for a NZ franchise; ditch the stupid farken ear-shattering music at every Tahs game; dump the idiotic Homebush experiment for games; do something about the appalling amenities / cost and quality of food and drink; price the tickets so they might actually fill the joint occasionally - I suspect a bigger crowd may improve the atmosphere and in itself help the popularity to be maintained. Just a start.

C

chief

Keep the Homebush idea for when you guys finallaly get a home Final. More $$$. You know you guys were hoping for it in 2000, 11 years later should be fine.

As for the food. That's up to the discretion of the SCG trust isn't it?

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
The first things I would do is have open training sessions after the school day is over, get the team playing exciting rugby and make the CEO's seating in the dugout with the bench. The boxes at the SFS are shithouse.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Assuming that with all his connections, WaratahJesus would be a shoe-in for the gig.

Where is the mighty WJ these days?

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
And pour more money into the shute sheild. I love going to woollara/coogee oval to watch the beasties/wicks play.

C

chief

I've been pondering this for a while. Tah's vs Lions or Tah's vs Cheetahs could/should be played there.

Cheetahs one should have been. Shit all corporate boxes would have been booked out for the Easter weekend.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Must all resumes be submitted on the back of a blazer? Is Moses going to apply after seemingly missing out (harshly by all accounts) on the Force coaching gig?

I would try to bring rugby more to the people and reduce the apparent elitist feel of rugby to non-rugby supporters, but this is a lot easier said than done.

Reactions: DPK

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Cheetahs one should have been. Shit all corporate boxes would have been booked out for the Easter weekend.

Also, why dont they have a higher quality curtain raiser? Junior Tah's might get a crowd, or even shedule the Aus Club Championship game before a Tah's game at Concord?

I agree that it's probably harder than it looks, but I dont think the current NSW rugby fold are doing a heap.

(New thread?)

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Assuming that with all his connections, WaratahJesus would be a shoe-in for the gig.

Where is the mighty WJ these days?

been around, just havnt been watching any australian rugby due to a lack of faith in the coaching and selections.
dont want the CEO job, my role as a supervising overseer of positive enlightenment means more to me.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Keep the Homebush idea for when you guys finallaly get a home Final. More $$$. You know you guys were hoping for it in 2000, 11 years later should be fine.

As for the food. That's up to the discretion of the SCG trust isn't it?

When the Tahs host the Reds next season, take that to Homebush.

Drove past Concord when I was in Sydney a couple of weeks ago. The joint looked bloody aufull.

Status
Not open for further replies.