• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs v Brumbies - Round 5, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Not sure the ponies can win the comp with Cubelli as 9. He is too erratic to suit the Brumbies style and takes some poor options.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A very sloppy performance from the Brumbies, particularly in the set piece where they were inconsistent.........

Got the win but really should've come away from this game with a BP........

Great performances from Pocock and Fardy though.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
That was shit, The Brumbies are playing so lazy, conservative and controlling that they are there own worst enemies. They have one of the most potent back-lines going around that is hardly ever used.

The Cheetahs ran more then them and even with a 2 try lead they are so risk adverse they are habitually kicking on every exit and just returning the ball, The spend most of the second half defending because they kicked the ball to the Cheetahs constantly,

I can see them getting blown away by the Chiefs.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies will take that win. They haven't won in Bloem for a while.

Discipline still a problem that better teams will punish. I know they play hard on the ball but may need to be more picky on when to do so.

Pocock was immense, Fardy was good when not giving away penalties and To'omua and Lealiifano did pretty well.

That Cheetahs stuff up just before the break was crucial.

G

galumay

Well it was a win so I guess the Bush Donkey fans will be happy. I agree discipline is a continuing problem for them, Moore is a big part of the problem there, no idea how to talk to refs and frequently the ring leader in ill discipline.

Still they are clearly the best performing skippy team at the moment, not that its saying much!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I didn't see it, but did the Brumbies get any YCs? If not, and they won, I can't see them worrying overly about discipline. I mean, if you get away with it, that's what matters. Pushing the boundaries is what better teams do. Poorer ones rampage over the boundaries and get evicted! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.