• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs v Reds R14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The link doesn't work for me, so I can't see what Bray has said. But I don't understand why Joubers is getting shit on him. He referred both the grounding and the obstruction upstairs and the TMO made the decision. In other decisions I thought he was quite OK.

He referred all Reds tries, but no Cheetahs ones.

We know that the TMO is likely to find more wrong that the on field refs, so referring only one side creates imbalance.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The link doesn't work for me, so I can't see what Bray has said. But I don't understand why Joubers is getting shit on him. He referred both the grounding and the obstruction upstairs and the TMO made the decision. In other decisions I thought he was quite OK.

My only gripe was when Joubert started calling inside balls "fine", even ones that were clearly backwards quite a way, not just the flat ones. That's when you knew he was trying to hunt out forward passes from both teams.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Two or three years ago, a thread (or pub/club discussion) would drag on with robust discussion about the performance of the referee.

The introduction of the TMO and video evidence is supposed to provide conclusively and objectively what happened and remove any post match whinging about referee performance.

It seems that all that has happened is that people whinge about TMO decisions for days on end.

We are doing well to keep this going for 12 pages so far.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Two or three years ago, a thread (or pub/club discussion) would drag on with robust discussion about the performance of the referee.

The introduction of the TMO and video evidence is supposed to provide conclusively and objectively what happened and remove any post match whinging about referee performance.

It seems that all that has happened is that people whinge about TMO decisions for days on end.

We are doing well to keep this going for 12 pages so far.
Was just thinking 'surely we can't still be talking about that game!'

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^ and there is no real QC (Quade Cooper), Dingo, or Diggers involvement, or alcohol or tweating at the centre of the ongoing discussions.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Lets be honest

Bloemfontein P4 W1 L3
Pretoria P7 W2 L5

Reds have a 3 out of 11 record and they should look at adapting their tactics to play at high altitude.

The TMO protocol has it flaws. You are still tied to each question the referee asks. Only foul play is in all 3 questions. So hope the referee asks the right question or get the right answer from the TMO next time your teams gets a crucial decision that may effect the outcome. If not. Get sloshed

Status
Not open for further replies.