• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs vs Force Rd 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Force could really use Mathewson back.

I think the Cheetahs have been improving in recent weeks and will probably just win this one. This definitely seems like the harder of the two games for the Force to win in South Africa.

The Force need to be patient and defend like they did against the Tahs. If they can restrict the Cheetahs to less than 20 points they'll probably win because the Cheetahs struggle restricting other teams to less than that.

M

Moono75

The Force could really use Mathewson back.

I think the Cheetahs have been improving in recent weeks and will probably just win this one. This definitely seems like the harder of the two games for the Force to win in South Africa.

The Force need to be patient and defend like they did against the Tahs. If they can restrict the Cheetahs to less than 20 points they'll probably win because the Cheetahs struggle restricting other teams to less than that.

I agree, if we can restrict the Cheetahs to less than 20 points and score 1 more than them....I think we will win :D

On the Mathewson point...yes he is a big loss. We will miss his experience at 9 which is particularly relevant when playing overseas in a hostile environment. Still think we can get up but we need to get out in front and be the one's applying the pressure.

M

Moono75

Good on Foley rewarding winning form. Good move to retain Coleman as one of the starting locks. He needs as much game time as possible to push for Wallaby selection ;)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I would have left Coleman in and benched Wkyes for Steenkamp. Our line out Vs the Bulls was freaking terrible.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
In our defence, the Bulls had 4 guys who are 2m tall. We had one (Coleman). The only way Wykes come near 2m is if you rub a balloon on his hair and get the static electricity to make it stand on end.

The Cheetahs second and backrows are much more like ours. I think we need Wykes for his tackling and work-rate more than we need Steenkamp for his line-out work.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The Force would have loved to have had the Cheetahs early in the season. Unfortunately they are finally starting to show the form that took them to the semi's last year. This will be a tough match; the Force will be rested after the bye and if they can impose themselves on the opposition in the first twenty they will be on their way. But they'll have to play out the 80, the Cheetahs have the ability to score points fast. If the Cheetahs get their tails up then its shut the gate.

Coenie is back for them this week, which will further enhance their scrum. He was pants earlier in the season, but now with the rise in the Bulls scrum, the Lions scrum having been consistently good all season and the Sharks being the Bok front row he will have to improve his performance or he will lose his Bok's jumper. Desperate times for the Cheetahs as they try to avoid the wooden spoon.

M

Moono75

From everyone's favourite rugby columnist:

Greg Growden's verdict: Bloemfontein is the perfect spot for the Force. Both dull, boring and predictable. But they will need more than "we showed the critics" to beat the Cheetahs. Tips Greg Growden: Cheetahs by 10

Wow...even with some success this year he can't help but give us a backhander across the face. What an asshole!

M

Moono75

Apologies to other Aus team supporters but I hope like hell the results go our way this week just to see us on top of the Aus Conference to smite Growden.

Anyone know a good Voodoo practitioner in Perth. I need to make this happen!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
From everyone's favourite rugby columnist:

Greg Growden's verdict: Bloemfontein is the perfect spot for the Force. Both dull, boring and predictable. But they will need more than "we showed the critics" to beat the Cheetahs. Tips Greg Growden: Cheetahs by 10

Wow.even with some success this year he can't help but give us a backhander across the face. What an asshole!

Dull, boring, & predictable?!

Obviously this was a satirical piece or he hasn't actually watched any of the Force games this year.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
My prediction is a sly attempt at giving the Force the underdog status. Hope they topple the Cheetahs

Status
Not open for further replies.