• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs waiste Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Cheetahs chew some Sharks meat by thrashing them 31-6. Long time coming and they usually do this to their A team. :thumb

Hope ONeil is watching this game. :nta:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Jeez the cat is amongst the pigeons this week eh? Sharks looking undeniable at the top of the log then this happens. Chiefs or Bulls could catch them at this rate with a game in hand

C

chriscullen

Sharks crusaders next week has become very important game now, my tipping is in tatters, im already looking to next year

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Nothing seemed to go right for the Sharks but well done to the Cheetahs. An enjoyable game to watch.

Is the fullback the biggest 15 in world rugby or what!

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sharks crusaders next week has become very important game now, my tipping is in tatters, im already looking to next year

The saders would probably have prefered the Sharks to win as I'm sure there will be a backlash at the Shark Tank next week.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
spectator said:
Nothing seemed to go right for the Sharks but well done to the Cheetahs. An enjoyable game to watch.

Daniller is an odd one. He showed great promise as a youngster but got dropped by the bulsl a couple of seasons ago for being too slow. The moons aligned for him yesterday and he had a blinder.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blue said:
spectator said:

Daniller is an odd one. He showed great promise as a youngster but got dropped by the bulsl a couple of seasons ago for being too slow. The moons aligned for him yesterday and he had a blinder.
As a x Paarl Gimmie myself know Hennie quite well. Big De Doorn Boer son that kid and was quite a talent as schoolboy player. His Boetie played two years back also for Gimmies as a flanker and also a good one.

Hope he'll take this one futher and surely now showing his value. The Brutes maybe push him to far early on but on his day the Galpille look like dogs chasing a motorcar in his Matrics day when he star for Gimmies in a then record win.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
I can now only conclude that rugby logic has left the SH. Tipping in this bloody S14 is a mug's game. :angryfire:

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thomond78 said:
I can now only conclude that rugby logic has left the SH. Tipping in this bloody S14 is a mug's game. :angryfire:
True , the teams are so close, one eye from the ball and you'd lose! Yur Munster was great today.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
PaarlBok said:
Thomond78 said:
True , the teams are so close, one eye from the ball and you'd lose! Yur Munster was great today.

It was a nice day out, I'd have to say. The holiday plans of quite a few Ospreys changed from SA to the US today.

Semi against Leinster in Croke Park. 83,000, and it'll sell out.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Sharks have now been done by the Reds and the Cheetahs, both times their minds were elsewhere,

The Crusaders are in for a torrid time this week.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thomond78 said:

Yeah but who would have tipped Ireland for a Grand Slam with such a shit scrum? :fishing

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
NTA said:
Thomond78 said:

Yeah but who would have tipped Ireland for a Grand Slam with such a shit scrum? :fishing

Win in the NH against a team with a kicker and without a lunatic in a snazzy polo-neck in charge, and then you can talk it up. Hell, even we managed to win in Cardiff. ;)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Thomond78 said:
NTA said:
Thomond78 said:

Win in the NH against a team with a kicker and without a lunatic in a snazzy polo-neck in charge, and then you can talk it up. Hell, even we managed to win in Cardiff. ;)
Win in the SH, against anyone, with or without a kicker, coaches clothing style optional...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thomond78 said:

Yeah we've done that a heap of times. Not recently mind :nta:

Irish lineout was completely dominant though which was the key. Stupid coalminers kept looking for touch, not realising they were just handing the ball back.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
NTA said:
Thomond78 said:

Yeah we've done that a heap of times. Not recently mind :nta:

Irish lineout was completely dominant though which was the key. Stupid coalminers kept looking for touch, not realising they were just handing the ball back.

Being honest, it's not like we gave them many options. The Munster defensive style - which is, basically, hound the buggers down, all the time, and smash them back every time - appears to have transferred across.

I will also say this; Gandalf, given decent cattle to work with, doesn't seem to be doing the worst job, and MacGahan is turning out to be a dandy little coach. As rising Aussie coaches go, ye'd do well to keep your eye on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.