• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Brumbies in Hamilton - 15/07/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs (15-1): Damian McKenzie, Solomon Alaimalo, Alex Nankivell, Charlie Ngatai, James Lowe, Aaron Cruden (c), Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Michael Leitch, Lachlan Boshier, Liam Messam, Mitchell Brown, Michael Allardice, Nepo Laulala, Nathan Harris, Kane Hames. Reserves (16-23): Liam Polwart, Aidan Ross, Atu Moli, Tom Sanders, Mitchell Karpik, Finlay Christie, Stephen Donald, Shaun Stevenson.

Looking at the two lineups.........

Brumbies by 50+

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Changing so many in the last game of a Super Rugby normal season does have history

Not a good history ........................................... mind

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As forecast the shit weather has finally passed through & it's going to be a cool (currently 3C, predicted to be 9C at 5pm & 6C at 7pm) but clear day. Probably won't be a big crowd but I'm sure those who do turn up will be making plenty of noise.

Surprisingly little hype around the Chiefs, the locals are mostly still in post-Lions post mortem mode but that'll change once they know where they're going next week esp if that happens to be Canberra. Players & staff are taking their packed bags to FMG tonight in case they have to catch a bus to Auckland at 2am to start heading to Cape Town, though (if it's Canberra they'll fly over Wednesday by the sound of it).

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
13-10 at half time is pretty good for the brums. Disallowed try key.

Brums will hope their reserve front rowers can reverse the scrum dominance of the chiefs which has been clear.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
How's that call back for a forward pass not a penalty for blocking the Brumbies half back trying to make a tackle.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.