• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Brumbies in Hamilton 7/07/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
His defense, as in one on one tackling is very iffy since his illness. Fell off a lot of tackles today. Actually, Hawera looked a lot more threatening in attack when he came on.

Yep. I think its time for Lilo to make the most of the $$$ opportunities. Hawera came on and we went forward instead of crabbing and trying the predictable "hail mary" out wide stuff. I have said it before and will say it again; Hawera is a better option at 10 overall. He plays at the line and Godwin and Kuridrani provide limited options for him so he can't play his natural game and we go for the plan "B" go wide or kick. Thus why Lilo has worked at 10.

I had to laugh when Lilo strode through the defence finally. The forwards assigned to defended him were genuinely shocked and surprised he ran the ball.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Why also isnt Isa packing at 8 his deadly off the back of the scrum

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Because he is not. He has been fairly ineffective this year off the back. Also his laziness in getting back on side slowly then failing to try to make a tackle cost us a try in part tonight. We wont miss him too much TBH.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
No idea how the kiwi sides allways get the rub.

errorworldrugby_zpsc6b6cudz.png

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Right on cue Dan. You never disappoint.

How about you just look at the incident in isolation and maybe have the good grace to call it for what it was, hey?

Hey, I didn't say anything was right, more just pointing out we usually don't want the TMO interfering I thought. It's got nothing to do with grace, but we can't say we want the TMOs to not get used so much and then say well we want him to get involved when it suits us! You don't get irony do you?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Shiggins is not too far off the mark with some of his calls tonight, but even allowing for that the Brumbies lost the game with all their turnovers in the first half. Woeful. However, it was very harsh on them to be denied the last gasp chance of a win with the missed knock on. Still, a bonus point loss still puts them in the picture to finish level with the Rebels in second place on the conference table. Just a small matter of a bonus point win over the Tahs next week to deal with.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
No irony at all when the clearly deficient decision goes against the team I support Dan.

No I know where you were coming from, I really didn't think anyone would get upset when I pointed out the irony. I honestly had no opinion what should of happened but even it was wrong I was quietly pleased that a ref made a decision!! Same as the other perhaps strange ones he made. I would add I was more than happy for the Ponies to win to stop Chiefs overtaking Canes for home 1/4 final

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep. I think its time for Lilo to make the most of the $$$ opportunities. Hawera came on and we went forward instead of crabbing and trying the predictable "hail mary" out wide stuff. I have said it before and will say it again; Hawera is a better option at 10 overall. He plays at the line and Godwin and Kuridrani provide limited options for him so he can't play his natural game and we go for the plan "B" go wide or kick. Thus why Lilo has worked at 10.

I had to laugh when Lilo strode through the defence finally. The forwards assigned to defended him were genuinely shocked and surprised he ran the ball.

Agree about Lilo MST, I a fan and real pleased he came back from his illness, but he certainly has never played as well as he used to.

Reactions: mst

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
No I know where you were coming from, I really didn't think anyone would get upset when I pointed out the irony. I honestly had no opinion what should of happened but even it was wrong I was quietly pleased that a ref made a decision!! Same as the other perhaps strange ones he made. I would add I was more than happy for the Ponies to win to stop Chiefs overtaking Canes for home 1/4 final

Being serious for a moment Dan, I think the outcry about TMO interventions is more about the amount of time they take with repeated replays from every angle available (or at least that they want to show). Most posters would like to see incidents reviewed but one or two replays at most would suffice to make a decision. No more than a few seconds to check, not the interminable stoppages that last for minutes at a time.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep fair enough BR, but I actually was bemused with a hell of a lot of refs decisions last night, and I realise the last one is the one that sticks in mind in close game. I actually said the same in last year's AB/Lions last test, when many of my kiwi mates were upset at game ending, I said then if it happened in first minute it hardly would of raised an eyebrow, really think last night was similar, and it wasn't a decision that actually changed result anyway. Just gave the Ponies a chance of perhaps kicking for touch etc, because they still had to win a lineout/scrum and score a try. While fully agreeing it would be better there wasn't bit of controversy at end of game, we have to be consistent, we either want TMOs looking at a lot of things or we don't. And as I say I was more than happy for Ponies to win, but I not sure I want the TMOs involved anymore than they should be.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yep fair enough BR, but I actually was bemused with a hell of a lot of refs decisions last night, and I realise the last one is the one that sticks in mind in close game. I actually said the same in last year's AB/Lions last test, when many of my kiwi mates were upset at game ending, I said then if it happened in first minute it hardly would of raised an eyebrow, really think last night was similar, and it wasn't a decision that actually changed result anyway. Just gave the Ponies a chance of perhaps kicking for touch etc, because they still had to win a lineout/scrum and score a try. While fully agreeing it would be better there wasn't bit of controversy at end of game, we have to be consistent, we either want TMOs looking at a lot of things or we don't. And as I say I was more than happy for Ponies to win, but I not sure I want the TMOs involved anymore than they should be.
Ay i agree. Fuck the TMO. We can lambast the ref for completely fucking up a crucial decision that happened right in front of him without having to bring the hated TMO into it.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
What I found most irritating was that the ref just ignored the approach by Pocock to review the incident. This, when so many other incidents in all games are reviewed to the point of boredom on the appeals by players (of all teams).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The thing i dont get is why the game has to stop. Can't the TMO take one look at the video (all it took) and radio down and say 'oi intentional knock down bro' and the ref can reverse his decision quick smart? Rather than sitting through a 12 minute critical analysis of every single fucking frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.