• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Brumbies in Hamilton 7/07/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Chiefs just hang on but ref Rasta's fucked the BumBreeze good and hard at the death there.
This will be a highly unpopular opinion around here but except his one famous party trick, Pocock is surprisingly ineffective given his huge rep. Average link man. Amazingly ineffective tackle breaker. Even his tackles arent particularly dominant when he's finally forced to make them instead of just lurking around the ruck waiting to perform his 2.5 times a game party trick

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Whenever any team is going to score the chiefs give away a cynical penalty. The ref even warns them and then they do it again but the brumbiies score so he dosent issue the card.

Then the brumbies make a break and are within 5m. A cynical penalty again offside which is a yellow card all day and its no card.

Then the canadian bloke comes through the middle which is fine but then messam just runs around the maul and tackles the player with the ball offside . Thats another yellow card because they bad just been warned again. How many warnings ? It happens all the time.

Then it ends with an international knock down that the brumbies dont even get a scrum fornlet alone a penalty . Wow

Yeh the brumbies playe like crap. No doubt. Im not even a brumbies fan. But the cheifs get away with everything

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The Brumbies lost that with some absoulte shit decisions right in front 10 -nil down take the 3. Not lineout fuck it 17 down.. early points count specially give me's.

Powells absoulte howler of an intercept on attack.

Sigh.. We look good in patches really good but gees..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I saw that intercept coming last week...

On a positive note - I thought Lilo had a pretty decent game.

His defense, as in one on one tackling is very iffy since his illness. Fell off a lot of tackles today. Actually, Hawera looked a lot more threatening in attack when he came on.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I thought the Ponies came back so bloody well in that 2nd half. I also thought Tevita looked bloody good in the 13 jersey tonight. I thought the Chiefs tried to take Pocock out of the game a few times by running at him, and making him the tackler, so he missed out on being the man over the ball.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So let's get this right, we want the TMOs to get involved more now? It fairly hard to keep up.
So what do you think should have happened there? It could cost us the game and our finals, albit unlikely..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So let's get this right, we want the TMOs to get involved more now? It fairly hard to keep up.

Right on cue Dan. You never disappoint.

How about you just look at the incident in isolation and maybe have the good grace to call it for what it was, hey?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Chiefs just hang on but ref Rasta's fucked the BumBreeze good and hard at the death there.
This will be a highly unpopular opinion around here but except his one famous party trick, Pocock is surprisingly ineffective given his huge rep. Average link man. Amazingly ineffective tackle breaker. Even his tackles arent particularly dominant when he's finally forced to make them instead of just lurking around the ruck waiting to perform his 2.5 times a game party trick
Hang on a sec, just getting a drink and some popcorn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
Gee whiz the Brumbies really looked good in the back end of that game. Tough call to finish their season

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
This is part of the reason aussies are turning their backs on rugby. Our teams allways get fucked over. No idea how the kiwi sides allways get the rub. People say its bevause they play better but if they didnt get the rub they wouldnt be winning as much. If the cheifs had the 4 yellow cards instead of one which is what they deserved it would of been pretty hard to win.

yellow for the offside when Speight scored. They had a warning the penalty before that. Even the commentators mentioned it. The high tackle was correct yellow. The offside after pococks line break was cynical and is allwsys a yellow card in that situation as they were 5m out. Then an intentional knock down at the end . Pretty sure there was a line break oppertunity and if not it should of been a brumbies penalty only

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Well I don’t know about you but I’m not particularly content with winding through five minutes of rugby for an off the ball tackle with no effect on the play but ignoring a clear knockdown. . .

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

Simply out gunned tonight by the Chiefs. They know he is only one man (a mere man at that) so they sent 2 or more. Notice how many times the Brumbies got blown off the ball due to lack of support / numbers at the breakdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.