• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Crusaders, Round 17 @ Suva

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ with the clear & obvious exception of the result, of course :).

That's four in a row & (I think) 10/12 in recent times so you'd think I'd be getting used to it but somehow I'm not. Being mocked by wifey's Chiefs-fanatic cousins & their hubbies doesn't help, thank God their kids aren't old enough to join in..........

FWIW I thought we were undone by our own errors & poor decision-making/ option-taking (mostly persisting with lineout drives that never looked like working & only taking the three when it was no use to us) plus of course the awesome Chiefs D (which we should've anticipated, it's not like they've been soft on D in recent memory), spectacular counter-attack (which we should also have anticipated, it's the cornerstone of their game FFS) & better decision-making in terms of when to turn the screw with a lineout & when to just take the three.

On a brighter note we're only a point behind & have a superior PD so it's still possible to win the Conference but I fear top-qualifier is now impossible barring at least two favourable results.

G

galumay

An entertaining game, although I feel for you WOB - feral family fans are the worst!

As a Chiefs fan I really thought they were in deep trouble with that try right on half time to the Saders. The wiind was so strong and much of the Chiefs advantage seemed to come from it. I expected the Saders to pile on the points in the 2nd half and the fact that they only managed 3 was a real surprise.

The wind did seem to drop and the Chiefs defence was very good. The Saders just seemed a bit aimless. None the less a great exhibition for the locals in Suva and as Dan said given the travel and weather it was a pretty high quality game.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The surprise to me was the failure of the Cru to take three points on offer a couple of times early in the second half, and then elect the penalty goal towards the end when a converted try was what was then needed. Very Wallaby-esque.

Status
Not open for further replies.