• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs vs Waratahs - Super Rugby Round 16 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Cyclo, I think I went out with the odd "egregious Miss" back in the sixties!!

Well done to the Tahs and their supporters. I just decanted my first stubbie for the day to toast the win!

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Whats the bet every SA team facing the Sharks tanks like they always do to make sure they get that precious home final

I'd take that bet (as in I will bet you they don't). Sharks are likely to win most/all of their remaining games, but they will because they are a very good side. No way will any SA team throw the game because they want to give the Sharks a legs-up. Too much pride playing for your province, nothing to gain out of it if they throw it.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
For the non-Tahs supporters:

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the Wallaby 13. Anyone who doesn't agree should probably go support league.

Foley kicks fine. Another 100% performance so all l the naysayers after the Rebels game can line up (over there, near the sour grapes) and take it in turns to fuck off.

I'd love to see this game so might find out when it's on replay.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is in career best form at 13, at least in terms of his Super Rugby play. But I suspect he'll end up on the wing for the Wallabies due to the shortage of players at that position.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd put Horne on the wing and defend him at 10. Foley/Beale with Folau and Cummins at the back.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Was trying to work out if Izzy was playing in moulded soles, he slipped over a lot..make that a hell of a lot!!

PS this may have already been discussed, apologies if so..too lazy to look over all the in-game threads!

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
For the non-Tahs supporters:

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the Wallaby 13. Anyone who doesn't agree should probably go support league.

Foley kicks fine. Another 100% performance so all l the naysayers after the Rebels game can line up (over there, near the site grapes) and take it in turns to fuck off.

I'd love to see this game so might find out when it's on replay.

ImageProxy.mvc

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Would the ABs play Conrad Smith on the wing, just to start Fekitoa? Sure, their wing options allow them to be more bloody-minded than us, but I just feel AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is doing it all at the moment. I reckon McCabe on the wing is an option. No slight on Kuridrani - he deserved his time there last year, and deserves his place in the squad.It's not an issue with his ability to play 13 at all, but whether he's the best option for it.
Anyway, we'll win or lose Tests up front, so this is a side debate really.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Was trying to work out if Izzy was playing in moulded soles, he slipped over a lot..make that a hell of a lot!!

PS this may have already been discussed, apologies if so..too lazy to look over all the in-game threads!
I think he was. Fell over a lot.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Would the ABs play Conrad Smith on the wing, just to start Fekitoa? Sure, their wing options allow them to be more bloody-minded than us, but I just feel AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is doing it all at the moment. I reckon McCabe on the wing is an option. No slight on Kuridrani - he deserved his time there last year, and deserves his place in the squad.It's not an issue with his ability to play 13 at all, but whether he's the best option for it.

My thoughts aren't a slight on Kuridrani either..I'm only basing my thoughts on current form for the France series. He's still a bloody good player..

Richo

John Thornett (49)

To be clear, I'd prefer to see AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13. I just don't think we will.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Still wondering why they don't at least try the odd kick restart to Izzy (since kicking out of hand in general play to him isn't done anymore)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Thats what I meant @cyclopath :oops:

What ever position, I'm a big fan of him.
Yeah, I know, @biggsy, I just find this Aus approach to shuffling to get all the stars on at once a bit odd sometimes. Not having a go at you, it's not as if Kuridrani is a bad option!! I just think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) a bit wasted at wing, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.